Where to get 98 RON?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;22271431 said:
That makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Technically speaking, if his car cannot take advantage of the higher octane fuel, and he is comparing ethanol free 95 to super with ethanol then he should be getting lower mpg on the super. That's the only situation I can think of where super would lower your mpg though :confused:

Soldato
and he is comparing ethanol free 95 to super with ethanol then he should be getting lower mpg on the super. That's the only situation I can think of where super would lower your mpg though :confused:

Can you even get 95 ethanol free fuel in the UK now?

Higher levels of advance do tend to cancel out the lower calorific value of the higher ethanol fuel as they allow the engine to run slightly more efficiently.

Your explanation can be the only valid reason why he would get lower MG on SUL tho. I cannot think of any other reason.

Soldato
Can you even get 95 ethanol free fuel in the UK now?

Higher levels of advance do tend to cancel out the lower calorific value of the higher ethanol fuel as they allow the engine to run slightly more efficiently.

Your explanation can be the only valid reason why he would get lower MG on SUL tho. I cannot think of any other reason.

If an engine is not detonation limited then increasing the spark advance past optimum (where it should already be) will reduce it's power and economy. A higher octane fuel gives no advantage in this situation, and the lower calorific value can only hurt power and economy.

Back
Top Bottom