Which 106's could beat a 306 DTurbo?

Soldato
Yeah ok it isnt 'fast', but it does pull nicely when you put your foot down thanks to the diesel torque up to motorway speeds.

Anyhow if your sig is anything to go by, your own car does it less than 1 second faster to 60. So clearly it's fast enough for you? :)

Soldato
Well most fresh in my mind was a Saxo VTR a few weeks back on a sliproad, and I had a Corsa SRI once for what it's worth
Most the time I dont bother, it's just for the grin factor of beating one slow car in another equally slow car

Soldato
I was quite impressed with the 306 TD at brands yesterday. Was a little quicker than my friend's standard Celica. The TD had defintiely had some kind of fuelling change though as there was HUUUGE clouds of black smoke on gearchanges. Was no way MOT'able like that.

Soldato
Stonedofmoo said:
Yeah ok it isnt 'fast', but it does pull nicely when you put your foot down thanks to the diesel torque up to motorway speeds.

Anyhow if your sig is anything to go by, your own car does it less than 1 second faster to 60. So clearly it's fast enough for you? :)

The Furby vRS book figures are erm... not representative. Skoda quote 9.6s to 60 but again that's with 2 burly blokes, a full tank of fuel and some luggage. Autocar's long termer gave 8.5s to 60 with a one off run of 7.9s IIRC.

I drive a Fabia vRS and it's considerably quicker than my 306DT was in the real world. You'd expect that with at least an extra 40bhp and 80ft/lb of torque and a much wider powerband.

Soldato
I also cant find any mention of them completing the 0-60 run with anything in the car on the webpage :confused:

Edit : To answer the OP's question the xsi would give it a slapping for sure. Having said that my mates 106 didn't look special from the back but was a gti. People always used to try it on with him.

Associate
I always make a note of the numberplate of any car producing unusual race results - then go home and look it up on the RAC website. Good to know what went on when that "standard" automatic Merc 190E left me at the lights like a slingshot - it was a 2.6

Soldato
energy said:
I always make a note of the numberplate of any car producing unusual race results - then go home and look it up on the RAC website. Good to know what went on when that "standard" automatic Merc 190E left me at the lights like a slingshot - it was a 2.6

That type of behaviour is expected from Fox but from anyone else its kind of sad :p;)

Soldato
The only time i've ever done that is when I was following some car I'd never heard of that didn't appear to be able to move itself let alone with someone in it. I can't remember the name but it turned out to be some either 5 or 600cc diesel car :confused:

Back
Top Bottom