Which 1k w PSU?

Soldato
I've always been a fan of Corsair, currently running a RM850x, it's ok, does the job. I'm looking at a Corsair AX1000 however it's nowhere to be found in stock. What alternatives are there to said PSU?

Soldato
OP
Why do you need to change the RMx 850W if it is doing the job ? What spec is it that you are powering ?

I'd love to know this myself.

Sure, should have mentioned! At the moment it's powering a heavily OC'd 2080 ti, 9900k at 5.2Ghz on all cores, 7x 120mm fans, aquaero controller hub, D5 pump, beefy sound card (Asus Xonar STX II with after market op-amps) and several SSD's. I'm upgrading to a 3090 Strix OC if it ever arrives which will also go under the custom water cooling loop. I'll be OC'ing that card too as best I can and with the higher power limits available on the card, I'd rather have the headroom on the PSU. Sure, I could get away with the 850 but honestly, I'd rather have room to spare and confidence the PSU is up to the task considering the PSU right now is a fair bit old.

Soldato
Sure, should have mentioned! At the moment it's powering a heavily OC'd 2080 ti, 9900k at 5.2Ghz on all cores, 7x 120mm fans, aquaero controller hub, D5 pump, beefy sound card (Asus Xonar STX II with after market op-amps) and several SSD's. I'm upgrading to a 3090 Strix OC if it ever arrives which will also go under the custom water cooling loop. I'll be OC'ing that card too as best I can and with the higher power limits available on the card, I'd rather have the headroom on the PSU. Sure, I could get away with the 850 but honestly, I'd rather have room to spare and confidence the PSU is up to the task considering the PSU right now is a fair bit old.

Fair enough.

That's going to be on beastly rig!

Soldato
OP
Fair enough.

That's going to be on beastly rig!

Yah! I mean, it's already up there, but the upgrade to the 3090 will be the icing on the cake. I'm also toying with changing my loop to a dual loop build... So even more reason for a beefier PSU. Speaking of, I think the AX1000 needs to be ordered in, no one seems to have it in stock anywhere.

Soldato
Yah! I mean, it's already up there, but the upgrade to the 3090 will be the icing on the cake. I'm also toying with changing my loop to a dual loop build... So even more reason for a beefier PSU. Speaking of, I think the AX1000 needs to be ordered in, no one seems to have it in stock anywhere.

What about the Revolt X?

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £214.99 (includes shipping: £0.00)

About the same price as the AX1000, 12 year warranty and I think it uses one of the high end Seasonic platforms.

Soldato
OP
Welp, I settled for a Corsair HX1000, and to be honest, it's bloody coil whine is terrible. Even on the desktop it's beyond noisy, I threw in my 850 again to test and yep, the new PSU is just terrible.

I've opened a support ticket to hopefully send it back and look into alternatives.

Soldato
Welp, I settled for a Corsair HX1000, and to be honest, it's bloody coil whine is terrible. Even on the desktop it's beyond noisy, I threw in my 850 again to test and yep, the new PSU is just terrible.

I've opened a support ticket to hopefully send it back and look into alternatives.
Almost every time i seen a post about coil whine it been a Corsair PSU

Don't know if this is mainly due to most people buy Corsair PSU's (Even the PC am writing this on is using one :D)

Back
Top Bottom