Which 21-22" monitor should I get?

Associate
Wanting to pick up one for under £200 on a well-known auction site:D Was considering the Syncmaster 226BW, but having read that it uses a TN panel, I'm now not too sure. I'll be watching a lot of media on it, mostly lying in bed and don't want to have to get up to adjust the angle of it all the time.

Anyone recommend a similarly priced panel that isn't TN? Or does the 226BW not suffer too badly when viewed at an angle?

Associate
OP
True. Unfortunately, I don't have the extra £200 or so to make the necessary jump up to 24":( I'll see if I can find somewhere selling an 'S' panel and see what I think of it. I just remember seeing the 245B lately and didn't like it at all. I'm not really a fussy guy when it comes to monitors, but decent viewing angles are the one thing I do want.

edit - lol, I wish I could afford a Cinema display!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
as said, you wont find a non TN Film 22" display at the moment, so if you want to look for other technologies you'd have to look in the 20-21" sector. The Dell 2007WFP is £247 and is S-IPS based. The Samsung 215TW is also £235 and S-PVA. Worth a look perhaps

Caporegime
as said, you wont find a non TN Film 22" display at the moment, so if you want to look for other technologies you'd have to look in the 20-21" sector. The Dell 2007WFP is £247 and is S-IPS based. The Samsung 215TW is also £235 and S-PVA. Worth a look perhaps

I'd agree with baddass, they are both great monitors. ALso consider the non tn panel NEW 20WGX2, I picked one up 2nd hand on the bay for £120 and it;s amazing but only 20.1"

I almost got a Samsung 215TW as they are only £175 new atm as they seem to be selling them off. Good high quality 21" screen with it's only fault that it shows some ghosting in games (compared to TN screens)

Back
Top Bottom