• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which 3090

Associate
Does anyone have a view of when ocuk will make them available for purchase?

I've decided I'm going to waste money and go for the 3090. I have a X35 monitor so may as well go all in now.

Having made that decision which 3090 would recommend? I'm feeling as i've committed £1450 already I may as well put in an extra 100 or so to get an even more top end card. Looking at the MSI x trio. Or does it make no difference?

Soldato
Higher up in resolution you go the extra few Mhz available from higher boost clocks make less impact fps wise. Depends what the actual differences in boost clock are between FE and AIB's. FE is meant to be 1700Mhz and I saw AIB's quoting 1675Mhz for lower tier with their own cooling solutions. No one knows for sure until you see reviews and benches. I think these will be for sale on the 17th of Sept with pre-order maybe before. SOme of the AIB's on OCUK seem to be priced the same as FE from Nvidia - but these prices could be 'to keep you interested' and pre-order prices 'could' increase when it comes to orders being taken.

Who knows mate. Plenty of umming and ahhing for a week at least for us considering the 3090. JUst want to see what real world performance with normal rasterisation for non RTX games. I'm still a bit confused by DLSS so need to get my head round that.

Good luck in your purchase though ;)

Caporegime
Since you are blowing that sort of money anyway, might as well go the whole hog....The Aorus Xtreme 3090 will probably be good.

Or one with AIO cooling, like the EVGA Kingpin - according to EVGA that comes with a 360 rad! Probably won't be out until next year though.

Permabanned
Whether I get the 3080 or 3090 will depend on real life gaming results, which I am waiting to see. I suspect I will get the 3080, but you never know. As regards manufacturer there are only two I will consider - Gigabyte or MSI. I have had a few ASUS' and wasn't really impressed. Zotac always disappoint. No, my money is on the Gigabyte or the MSI.
The Aorus Xtreme is HUGE!!

Associate
Does anyone have a view of when ocuk will make them available for purchase?

I've decided I'm going to waste money and go for the 3090. I have a X35 monitor so may as well go all in now.

Having made that decision which 3090 would recommend? I'm feeling as i've committed £1450 already I may as well put in an extra 100 or so to get an even more top end card. Looking at the MSI x trio. Or does it make no difference?
None, wait for the 3080TI which will perform the same $500 cheaper launching 2020 at $999 https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-3080-ti.c3581

Associate
OP
Been waiting a long time with my 1080 ti so really want it now.

I agree, if i'm wasting this much money may as well go all in. I'm going to get the MSI trio. Thanks all.

Soldato
Since you are blowing that sort of money anyway, might as well go the whole hog....The Aorus Xtreme 3090 will probably be good.

Or one with AIO cooling, like the EVGA Kingpin - according to EVGA that comes with a 360 rad! Probably won't be out until next year though.

There's meant to be a difference between Xtreme and Master Aorus but Gigabyte hasn't released details yet :/

But both rocking 2x 115mm putter fans and 100mm inner :D
Seems both have vapour chamber .. so here's to waiting

Back
Top Bottom