Which 32" LCD and DVD player?

Soldato
You can find the 32WLT66 for under £900, its the one im interested in and also the Samsung LE32R74BDX, still can't decide and i doubt i will be able to anytime soon. :(

Soldato
OP
I think I actually prefer the silver finish to be honest, and I won't really need freeview as I'll have Sky/cable TV.

If I decide to spend closer to £900 I'd go for the Samsung I linked to above, it's easily the nicest one I've seen so far.

All this talk of new stuff is making me excited now, I just want the letting agency to approve my application so I can move in an rinse all my savings on toys :p .

Soldato
OP
Right fellas, I've narrowed it down to two possible TVs but I need some advice.

TOSHIBA 32WL66

or:

SAMSUNG LE32M51B

I've found a place selling the Samsung for £860 whereas the Toshiba is £760, so is it really worth spending the extra £100? I prefer the look of the Samsung, but a lot of the spec list goes over my head (and I'm 6'5) so not sure which is the better TV.

Any advice appreciated, thanks :).

Soldato
Well out of that choice it has to be the Toshiba for both specs and price as it beats the Samsung for both but if your looking for a Samsung then don't go with that older model, look for one with R7 in the code because there's a few and if your not bothered about built in freeview i've seen them for around £800 as well.

Soldato
OP
Toshiba eh? And it has the better spec of the two? Interesting...

I've checked out the others in the Samsung range but they're funny looking things.

Found this on the same site, will probably be around £830 with delivery.

Any objections?

Soldato
I thought you weren't bothered about built in freeview?

If your getting the latest model then really both the samsung and toshiba are good, it just comes down to which specs you prefer and what price is better but i don't think either will disappoint.

It seems the samsung has dynamic contrast up to 5000:1 and a newer panel? with the average amount of connections you get on most sets, the toshiba has 1200:1 contrast a good panel and more connections like 2x hdmi etc.

I've not done a lot of research but thats what i remember were the key points, just make sure your getting the latest model (R7 or 66) unless you really want to save a bit more money on an older model.

Soldato
OP
Radiation said:
I thought you weren't bothered about built in freeview?
This is very true, and I've just ordered the silver TOSHIBA 32WL66, £755 delivered which isn't too bad at all.

Will let you know how I get on with it in a week or so when I move into the new place.

Thanks for you help here guys, much appreciated.

Soldato
OP
TV arrived today, won't be unpacking it until next week though when I move into my new flat.

BEN UK, I got it from tvandvideodirect.com as you suggested, thanks a lot for the link. Very quick service and delivery :).

Will let you guys know how she is next weekend.

Soldato
OP
Yeah I'll get the camera out and try to review it as best I can, but it's the first LCD (the first TV of any kind infact!) that I've owned so not sure how useful it'll be...

Soldato
Big Chris said:
Yeah I'll get the camera out and try to review it as best I can, but it's the first LCD (the first TV of any kind infact!) that I've owned so not sure how useful it'll be...

Its the weekend :D

We want some pictures :)

Back
Top Bottom