Which AGP Graphics Card for DELL 30” 3007WFP?

Soldato
casw1000 said:
Correct, its a normal cable, and no two headers, just the one as Sli is done internally to the video cards.

Its more about, can the Sli configuration be setup to display a resolution of 2560x1600 IN SLi mode.

You need to find out if the drivers you use for SLi can select 2560x1600, if they can and they are operating in SLi mode, then heck, it might just work.

Good luck.

-casw1000

shame about the price increase on the 30" er :(

FYI 83.10's are the only driver that allows the NV cards to run the monitor at a resolution above 1280x800. Found this one out myself after testing pretty much all the driver sets of the last month or two.

Permabanned
[ui]ICEMAN said:
FYI 83.10's are the only driver that allows the NV cards to run the monitor at a resolution above 1280x800. Found this one out myself after testing pretty much all the driver sets of the last month or two.

Im running 81.98 no problem at all

Ahh im a donkey, you were meaning SLI.

Last edited:
Permabanned
I am Pleased to report that the PNY VERTO 6600GT AGP US version with dual DVI works perfectly.

It even manages to play UT2004 at 2560x1600.

Albeit not as smooth as 1280x800.

The monitor is fantastic. Not even installed any dell drivers yet.

Plugged it in to the 6600GT and went to the control panel and VOILA.......
Full native res running at 60Hz.

To anyone doubtful GO FOR IT. I got this one for £899 without paying tax or VAT. No pixel probelms to speak of yet. The stand is great, smooth as silk.

The 6600GT can acutally drive TWO of these things!

Something to think about when people rabbit on about needed a super duper expesive card like a quadro, or a 7800GTX. (yes i know u need it for games at native).

To reiterate, the European version will NOT work, has to be the US with dual DVI. The US one has got HDTV encoding too!

Ross

Permabanned
That AGP card statement is inaccurate!

At the very least the 9600 Pro PC and MAC edition works perfectly.

As does any other card with Dual LINK Dvi.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
CoupeMad said:
That AGP card statement is a lot of Bull.

At the very least the 9600 Pro PC and MAC edition works perfectly.

As does any other card with Dual LINK Dvi.

Ive no idea why they would say such a ridiculous thing !

You should think before you go spouting off! :rolleyes:

First of all The 9600 Pro card that could have done this is no longer in production, in fact they ceased producing such cards about a year ago.

Secondly there are no Dual Link DVI cards produced by either NVIDIA or ATI that would be suitable for the gamer, this is also something that technical know it alls have also confirmed at NVIDIA and ATI. True Dual Link DVI cards do not exist and if a board partner ever did make one getting one now with AGP production been so low would be near to impossible. So OcUK is very much in its right to state the monitor is not compatible with AGP cards.

Permabanned
Gibbo said:
Secondly there are no Dual Link DVI cards produced by either NVIDIA or ATI that would be suitable for the gamer, cards.

That wasnt what was posted up on the monitor specs.

The statement was inaccurate, and I clarified that.

Also the Asus VE9999 Agp version works too, this is still a gaming card.

None the less, I see your point and would hope you see mine also.

Its misleading to tell people that they need a PCI-e card to use the monitor.

People on here might be buying for their work etc. so it could well matter.

Btw when I posted I didnt realise the statement was on the OCUK site, but I keep seeing it elsewhere and I felt the need to clarify !

Associate
I run a 19" crt and a 32" LCD from my x800 xl and its fine, I use the fake svideo connection out the back of my card. and vga for my crt.

Back
Top Bottom