Which Airline? Heathrow to LAX

Associate
Hi GD,

Travelling from Heathrow to LAX later this year. On Skyscanner BA & Virgin Atlantic are the same price, who would you fly with?

Caporegime
VA for normal class, service is alright, better than BA in pleb class i found them rude.

Otherwise BA, for Business, but that's because VA don't really offer a Business solution, BA Business service is patchy at best tbh.

Last edited:

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
He is very unlikely to be going anything other than economy if he is quoting prices from skyscanner.

Virgin Eco > BA Eco.

BA Club and First are excellent, but if you book this you tend to know who offers what without needing to ask OcUK.

Man of Honour
On this route, in Economy:

Air New Zealand > Virgin Atlantic > BA

VS are slightly better than BA but NZ are appreciably better than both - the best airline flying Transatlantic.

Associate
[TW]Fox;24133156 said:
On this route, in Economy:

Air New Zealand > Virgin Atlantic > BA

VS are slightly better than BA but NZ are appreciably better than both - the best airline flying Transatlantic.

I agree with this. Also, I'm not sure how much more premium economy is, but it looked the equivalent of business class on BA\VA in terms of comfort.

http://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/new-premium-economy

Last edited:

POB

POB

Soldato
Not much in it but I would go BA. Better food, better entertainment. Plus I prefer T5.

Saying that my passport is covered in Virgin Atlantic stickers, they are often cheaper so I take them by default.

Jez

Jez

Caporegime
I agree with this. Also, I'm not sure how much more premium economy is, but it looked the equivalent of business class on BA\VA in terms of comfort.

http://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/new-premium-economy

That is nothing like as good as BA club, there is far less space and no lie flat (far from it).

AirNZ business is absolutely excellent though, and can sometimes be a real bargain. The space you get is almost on a par with BA's First, yet we flew to LAX for £2000ea return with AirNZ business in 2011 - which for what you get is astonishing value which I would recommend anybody paying for their own seats looks into.

Back
Top Bottom