which android phone? Xiaomi vs Lenovo

Soldato
I'll start with saying I own Galaxy S8, so not looking for a flagship.

I want secondary android phone that is nice to use, has decent specs, light skin if any and is dualsim.

I decided and ordered Xiaomi A1. The Moto G5S Plus was at decent price from Amazon, so went for it too.
Now have 2 sealed phones here and can't decide which one to keep and which one to send back.

+ for A1 are
4GB RAM
Android One (faster updates?)
USB C (can use same cable as S8)
was a bit cheaper at 175 EUR

- for A1 are
doubtful warranty (eGlobalcentral)
camera not great

+ for G5S Plus are
Better camera
comes from Amazon, so good aftersales service
tad smaller

- for G5S Plus are
was bit more expensive at 190 EUR
micro USB

which one would you return and why?

Permabanned
I would rather take one of the following:

VKworld S8 4G Phablet
Vernee Mix 2 4G Phablet
HOMTOM S9 Plus 4G Phablet
UMIDIGI Crystal 4G Phablet 4GB RAM Version
DOOGEE Mix (2)

Soldato
When I send the wife's G5 back, I doubt I'll touch another Moto again....and it's only just received it's first ever system update since January 2017 and I'm thinking of getting her the A1 cus dual cameras and 4gb/64gig

Soldato
OP
G5 has slow SoC, wouldn't touch it.
Just realized G5S Plus does not even have Oreo out yet, so 99% decided to keep Xiaomi now.

Soldato
OP
Why 2nd phone? Because multiple sims and i can also use it as hotspot while traveling etc.

I quite like it. The biggest problem with xiaomi phones is always the awful miui. A1 got oreo even before my s8...
It's a bit more difficult to hold becase it's wider than s8, but not a dealbreaker obviously.
Battery life is solid. Biggest downside is camera but since i'm not planning on using it, no issue there.
Overall i would recommend. On a side note i think moto still does not have oreo. I think i made a good choice.

Back
Top Bottom