Which Asus Xonar for Gaming?

Underboss
OP
If you can afford one with a headphone amp that's good, though you said you were using a receiver? Does that have a decent dedicated headphone amp? If so, it might be just as good, though I have no idea which way to go here, AV Forums might be the place to check out for more info on this.

I dont use my A/V amplifier for the PC, but i thought it could be an "option" to this headphone AMP

I dont know if its dedicated headphone amp or not (i doubt it)

Its a Yamaha RX-V640

Soldato
I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Make sure you get back and let us know what you think. As you know it's always good to have members opinions on these things.

Underboss
OP
my Essence STX has arrived and working perfectly :)

and so far, im quite impressed

first thing i did was plug in head phones and i had nothing, i found the xonar application and switched to headphones from speakers

i tried a music file and it was great, it actually sounded slightly better

then i tried a game "day of the defeat", sounded the same so far, but then i switched to "game mode" and at first i thought it sounded quite muffled, but once you get used to it, it and turn it off again it sounds tinny, switch it back on and it makes an improvement, good for a 10 year old game! the rifle sounds of the K98 are superb now, im really impressed

i am now thinking i should get some Dolby Headphones?

i suppose i ought to try some more modern games :)

Soldato
With my Essence STX and the DX previously I find it best to ignore all those buttons like "game" and "GX" and set it to 8 channels, headphone and check dolby headphone.

In games it's like being Daredevil, but without the blindness!

Back
Top Bottom