• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which ATI drivers?

Associate
Hi just bought an x800 and wanted to know where i can get some ATI drivers...

Having been an nvidia man all my life i have never changed to an ati card so am pretty clueless, is it just a case of uninstalling the nvidia drivers, and installing the ati ones? :confused:

/dumb

Soldato
SoapSurgeon said:
Hi just bought an x800 and wanted to know where i can get some ATI drivers...

Having been an nvidia man all my life i have never changed to an ati card so am pretty clueless, is it just a case of uninstalling the nvidia drivers, and installing the ati ones? :confused:

/dumb
You know, it would not hurt to start here :rolleyes:

Alternatively this :D

Soldato
SoapSurgeon said:
{snip}Having been an nvidia man all my life i have never changed to an ati card so am pretty clueless, is it just a case of uninstalling the nvidia drivers, and installing the ati ones? :confused: {snip}
Uninstall drivers > remove card > install new card > run program like DriveCleaner > install new drivers > reboot :cool:

Associate
OP
haha, yeah i know i could get em from there but i havent been keeping up to date with ati drivers etc i just seem to remember people having hassle when installing them so wanted it to go smoothly! cheers.

Soldato
SoapSurgeon said:
haha, yeah i know i could get em from there but i havent been keeping up to date with ati drivers etc i just seem to remember people having hassle when installing them so wanted it to go smoothly! cheers.
I've been using the ATISoftmod (techpowerup.com) ones so that I can overclock my card (X700) using ATITool, but changed to new (original) ATI Catalyst 6.5 Drivers & they also seem to allow this :confused:

Back
Top Bottom