1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Bike?

Discussion in 'Sports Arena' started by MattCat, 5 Oct 2009.

1. MattCat

Associate

I went riding on some trails this weekend for the first time. I borrowed a friends bike and had a really good time. I'd like to get a bike of my own with front and rear susension but i dont want to spend loads of money. What price range am i looking at for a semi decent bike?

2. R0B75

Soldato

About £1000

3. Supercow

Capodecina

What are you looking to spend at most?
    What kind of terrain are you wanting to ride?
    Will you buy second hand?

4. MattCat

Associate

Around £400 is probably the most as I'm new to it. I will probably be riding woodland trails, uphill and downhill over rough terrain, rocks, roots ect. Yes I would buy second hand.

5. Inquisitor

Capodecina

Don't bother with rear suspension in that case. You'll get a better bike for your money if you buy a hardtail.

6. dante6491

Soldato

You can get the 2009 Hardrock comp for £350 at the moment which is a pretty awesome bike for that amount.

7. Big Chris

Soldato

I'd certainly look at 2nd hand, the sales boards on Southerndownhill, Descent-World and Bike Radar have loads of bikes up for grabs, and with pics etc you can tell what condition the bikes are in.

8. Supercow

Capodecina

Like the other guys have said, that's not enough for a full suspension bike.
    I'd definitely go for a hardtail at the price. Either the Hardrock mentioned above... or look out for a Charge Duster or a Charge Blender. Saw a blender Hi spec go the other day for £450!!

9. Jonny ///M

Capodecina

Hardtail is the best way under £1k. Second hand you can pick up good deals. A guy dropped an azonic recoil with shivers,729s on pro 2s,XTR mech n shifter,MRP chain device + bones chainset......thing was mint. £540 he got for it! :(