1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which board(DFI)?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Carl21, 13 May 2006.

1. Carl21

Associate

Hi,

Just looking to buy a new motherboard, can anyone tell me the main advantage of the DFI LanParty UT CFX3200-DR RD580 Crossfire PCI-E over the DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-DR Expert PCI-E

Or if theres a better board than these two? Whats the main pointers to look for when buying a mobo? I have AMD X2 4200+, BFG 7800GT(PCI-E)

Thanks,

Carl

2. Mul

Wise Guy

the SLI-DR will give you the option for SLI, while the RD580 gives you the option for ATi's Crossfire. Both overclock well, but if you don't plan on getting ATi crossfire save the money and get the expert.

Mul

3. ted34

Wise Guy

the x-fire board is suppose to be able to run 4sticks at 1t. A lot of people have said its the best board ever released. I have the expert and cant fault it.

4. andyr

Wise Guy

Hi i have the cfx3200 with one graphics card at the moment and it is still really quick , overclocks are unreal , bios is a bit daunting at first

5. easyrider

Caporegime

imo the dfi expert is the best s939 mobo that exists.
    Get the expert that way you have the option of going SLI with your gfx card.

6. Carl21

Associate

The expert board came yesterday.

I tried all day to get it working, but everytime it tries to load up windows it crashed and i have to reset.

So im now on the old gigabyte board searching the net for a fix...

Anyone heard of this and know a cure?

thanks

damn thing :(

7. Carl21

Associate

Fixed it, had to up the RAM Voltage :o

:)