1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which case (coming from cm690)

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by snowdog, 4 Apr 2019.

Tags:
  1. snowdog

Capodecina

I have a CM690 first gen atm, which lacks proper 240mm rad support:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It doesn't have a big enough gap between the mainboard and top of the case to fit a fan and a rad, and it doesn't have a proper gap to put the rad on top.

I have several other small annoyances also with this case therefore I want a new one. Ideally I'd want a case ready for a 360mm radiator, but at least space for my current 240mm one, but then with push-pull config.

It will/must house the following:

8700k (@5.1ghz, but was delidded and the thermal poo under the IHS replaced with Liquid Metal)
    Cheapo 240mm CM AIO (currently with original fans, tho I have 2 Noctua NF-F12 sitting stand by, and will do either push-pull with all 4 fans, or just use the Noctua's.)
    GTX980 (tho soon to be replaced with gtx2070 or so).
    5 3.5'' HDD's
    2 2.5'' SSD's
    1 M2 SSD

So:
    - Above hardware
    - All intakes have dust filters, I wish to have a front/bottom to back/up airflow
    - No unnecessary gaps for noise to come out or dust to come in (I actually taped over some gaps in my current case from inside).
    - Preferably buttons, usb, etc on front or left side
    - No ****** ''bling'' or leds, ''glass'' windows or any other crap
    - Subtle HDD/power leds that aren't a lighthouse in the dark (tho I can unplug or paint them so not a hard demand)
    - Silence/isolation is a plus
    - No other nonsense/frills, I don't want to pay for brand. Bang for buck. Spending over a 100 on a metal case is nonsense imho, I don't mind ''cheaper'' cases, as long as the isolation is good and they don't resonate.
    - Spacious if possible
    - I do like ''screwless'' designs. I don't like having to fiddle with screwdrivers just to change something, so no nonsense hdd bays or such that require huge effort to work on.

EDIT: Didn't notice ocuk had a case subforum, this post is meant to be there then!

Last edited: 4 Apr 2019
  2. ExRayTed

Underboss

I've asked for this to be moved :)