1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Dismiss Notice

which cpu for fm2006

Discussion in 'CPUs' started by 233, 3 Feb 2006.

1. 233

Capodecina

play a lot of football manager 2006 anyone recomend which cpu would give the most kick ass performance

i have a rough idea for a spec but need something to base it round.

2. moody

Wise Guy

Footy Manager is one of the few games that is optimised for dual core processors. So if you can afford one I'd recommended getting one. I've got a 4400+ and it runs this like a dream.

3. 233

Capodecina

what u reckon to a clocked opteron dual core?

4. ajgoodfellow

Capodecina

That would be a good choice

5. Webzta

Wise Guy

the 165's are managing fx60+ speeds with relative ease, plus you get the 1meg cache of the 4400+.

Then you have the intel option - which most here will slate - but it's also very good.

Asus P5WD2
    XP-120
    Whichever DDR2 fits your budget
    PCI-E

You'd be looking at an easy 4ghz.

Both options are very good.

I guess it depends on your preference/what you have alreayd which you can use.