Which Device?

Associate
Ok so this may not be apple - could be anything but asking here as the answer is probably "Ipad"

so, I work from home
attend the office once a month for sales meetings.

Once covid clears off, I'll go back to meeting with customers.

I have desktop PC, which I prefer to a laptop as I do generally work from home so no need to move to a laptop really.

But, I currently take my gaming laptop to meetings etc, and use a portable hard-drive when moving things to the laptop.

Just wondered if this is the best thing to use - and perhaps look at a more business focussed laptop - or move to an Ipad? My phone is an Iphone, but home PC is windows.

Now i'd only really need office apps. Perhaps decent space to store marketting things. Option of wifi would be good......it's an Ipad I need isn't it.....

Associate
OP
Ah it's not so much a work device in this regard. It's more a "this is what i've done this month" device.

i.e. sales reports would be done at home on the desktop, then transferred to the pad to show the team at the office.

Soldato
From your description, a Dex Enabled Samsung device would suit you better. With Dex you can easily drag and drop files between your phone and desktop computer. The latest advance is wireless Dex (I can't recall the exact models which have this - certainly the Note 20 Ultra, maybe others), so you can just mirror your screen across to a compatible monitor without wires. Otherwise, you just need to plug in a cable for the same effect.

In a pinch, a Dex phone can pretty much act as a full PC.

EDIT - unless everyone in your office has a Mac, in which case Dex won't be much use.

Soldato
Your use case does fit the iPad perfectly. Do your meetings with customers/going into the office just involve showing a report etc rather than having to be sat there writing notes etc?

An iPad can do both perfectly of course but some would prefer an actual laptop for writing notes rather than the on screen keyboard of the iPad or an external case.

You could definitely make use of iCloud if you need to transfer files around, there is a Windows client and it just creates a folder on your desktop. Drag and drop in your files and it will be on your iPad/iPhone straight away.

Only real problem with iPad is screen size unless you want to splash out on an iPad Pro 12.9 but of course depends what price point you are looking at.

Apple do a 14 day money back guarantee so could always get one and try it out. Do some test run 'meetings' to your kitchen or in the garden to get a feel of how things work :D

Back
Top Bottom