Which fighting game to get (360) :S

Associate
Complete noob at fighting games, played street fighter before which i liked but then mortal combat looks very cool, and I hear soul caliber and tekken are good too?

Basically which is the one to go for purely for online play and the odd bit of split screen stuff?

Soldato
The most recent Mortal Kombat game isn't a bad game but it has awful net code so stay away from that if you're looking purely for online play, I can't comment on Tekken 6 as I got bored of it after a few weeks and traded it. Soul Calibur V is out in a few weeks so you could hold off for that. If I were you right now I would take a look at:

Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition
Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3
King of Fighters XIII

The net code for all of them is pretty decent, just keep in mind if you're very new to fighting games it can be very tough online at first until you learn your fundamentals and start getting your bread and butter combos down. You should swing by the Street Fighter thread we have on here, a lot of experienced players in there who are happy to answer any questions you have.

Soldato
A new version came out around last summer, they actually released another update called Arcade Edition 2012 in December but that was a free download.

Soldato
What's the arcade edition? Has this been re-released again?!

The Japanese arcades get updated versions of the game every so often, so they released the update as DLC i.e. Arcade Edition. So far It's gone like this (I think):

SF4 (Full retail game) > SSF4 (Discounted retail game @ £25) > Arcade Edition (DLC 1200 MS points, but it also got a cheap retail release too) > Arcade Edition 2012 (Free update)

It is a lot of releases of the same game, but people would instead be complaining if they never released the arcade updates.

Man of Honour
Sfiv if you are very new to fighting games, if not there are a lot better games out there like tekken 6, mvc3, sfiihdr, kof and blazblue.

Soldato
Well I won't lie XBL probably is the place to be for fighting games but that's not to say the PSN scene is weak by any means there are some very good players about, some people on here would have you believe PSN is terrible for fighting online but that's simply not the case. XBL is better but PSN is fine aswell, I play SSFIV: AE2012 on both XBL and PSN so if you want a game on PSN just add me or drop me a message.

EDIT - Forgot about your controller question, the PS3 pad is actually pretty good for fighting games I'd rather have it over any of the Madcatz fightpads. The only pad I can think of that would be better would be a PS2 pad through a converter, I used to play on pad but bought an Arcade Stick about 6 months ago and haven't looked back.

Last edited:
Associate
It all basically depends on the gem system for me, if there's a clear advantage in paying for gems then I will not bother. Pay 2 win is such a ridiculous concept... I'm sure it won't be that bad though. Guile / Dhalsim or Yoshimitsu / Dhalsim will be my team though :D

Caporegime
Whats the opinion on SF3 compared to arse-hard HDR and noob-friendly (S)SF4? Im far more on the noob side! Wish more people from here played them on the PS3 - Im crap but least I might get some help getting better :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom