Which fluid for a WC setup?

Associate
Ok I must admit I'm confused by all the Fluid XP stuff. Which fluid should I go for - the eco-earth, extreme or ultra?

My WC loop is going to be EK Supreme HF, EK 5870 FC, Thermochill PA140.3, EK Multioption 250 and DDC 3.25, cooling a single 5870 and an overclocked i7 hopefully hitting 4GHz.

What liquid should I use? And is one bottle enough or do I need two? The res holds about 290ml, I'm not sure how much the rest of the components and tubing would hold. It's going into a TJ07 so it would be a fairly tight loop.

Associate
tbh mate i was asking the same question a while ago and the best thing is distilled water from halfords, 5ltrs for 3.50 something...you cant beat that, then just buy a silver coils from a different well know pc site/s, it is loads better than any of that stuff and will not seperate with the colouring or anything and stain you components. just get uv tubing instead :)

Man of Honour
Distilled/de-ionised water from Halfords as suggested above along with a additive such as Zerex is the best way to go. Avoid Feser at all cost's as it will break down and clog your blocks. If you must have colour in the loop just buy coloured or UV tubing.

Associate
Ok I must admit I'm confused by all the Fluid XP stuff. Which fluid should I go for - the eco-earth, extreme or ultra?

My WC loop is going to be EK Supreme HF, EK 5870 FC, Thermochill PA140.3, EK Multioption 250 and DDC 3.25, cooling a single 5870 and an overclocked i7 hopefully hitting 4GHz.

What liquid should I use? And is one bottle enough or do I need two? The res holds about 290ml, I'm not sure how much the rest of the components and tubing would hold. It's going into a TJ07 so it would be a fairly tight loop.

Fluid XP or the thermochill coolant is the best. With your loop you will need two bottles most likely.

While De-ionised water is cheaper is can become conductive and thus leaks can kill your system.

"Proper" coolant from thermochill and fluid xp is not conductive.

Phil

Soldato
FESER coolant is very very bad, the colour breaks down and stains or gloops, its bad.

I would recommend using non coloured liquid and coloured tubing, i have used dye bombs and within a week the only colour was on the inside of the tubing and components...the liquid was clear.

Im currently using the thermochill coolant but have used primochill and de ionised water, the temp difference is minimal.

Associate
Witch is better then, kill coil or pt nuke? Do both these stop problems with mixed metals?

From what i seen around the different watercooling forums its a personal choice.
Some prefer to use silver coils as they do not wish any chemicals in there system.
Others like me read up and asked advice from other Watercoolers and bought which ever product they found easiest to get hold of
In my case the coils were cheaper but not instock so i ordered PT-Nuke instead.
Been running my loop now since i added it for a year now and the water is still crystal clear so i cant fault it in anyway.
Like the Ronseal adverts " it does exactly what is says on the tin"
If you do go for PT-Nuke you only need 1-2 drops per litre for me thats 6 as i have a reserator as my resovuoir which holds 3 litre's

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom