• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which i9 for gaming? OR i7?

Soldato
Thing is though arent we at the end of the road for AM4? At least with intel you would get RL out of the 490 platform aswell.

Not as badly, with Zen 3 I expect AMD to take the gaming crown which is the only thing they're lagging behind in. You also have cheap second hand upgrades, people on B550/X570 and some B450's will be able to pick up a 12-16C Zen 3 processor in a couple of years for dirt cheap, Intel has a tendency for their chips to retain very high values even second hand, being why I'd recommend the 10850K over the 10700K if the user intends to keep the hardware for any length of time. Case in point, I recently saw someone pay almost £400 for a X99/5820K/16GB of RAM combo when they could have got a brand new Ryzen setup that would out perform it for less money. Even 7700K's are going for silly money at the moment, I don't see anything changing in that regard.

Back
Top Bottom