• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Which Intel CPU for Asus P5Q Intel P45

Associate
I have to be honest and admit that I haven't been following the cpu developments over the past year.
I'm intending on making myself a new system and intend to get the Asus P5Q Intel P45 motherboard and intend to get a Quad core CPU to make it slightly futureproof.
The question is which Quad core. There seems to be so many different ones. I realise some of the versions are down to the cpu clock but still lost!!!!!
Can anybody make any recommendations?
I would like the fastest one that is comparable to the price. i.e. I don't want to pay an arm and a leg to get the fastest on the market!!!!
Hope you can help.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
The Q6600 is still by far the best bang-for-buck. Half the price of the Q9550, and only about 18% slower before overclocking.

But saying that, if you have the money for a Q9550 then it's the one to go for.

Back
Top Bottom