Which is cooler?

Soldato
names are the best, but european cars tend to me called lame names. american cars have all the mans names. eliminator, charger, mustang, viper, firebird, barracuda etc

Man of Honour
vanpeebles said:
names are the best, but european cars tend to me called lame names. american cars have all the mans names. eliminator, charger, mustang, viper, firebird, barracuda etc

Agreed, which I guess is why so many American songs feature cars.

Becuase 'Cruising down the '101 in my Mustang' sounds so much better than 'Crawling along the A303 in my Meastro'.

Soldato
mrgubby said:
Names can cause problems , According to popular stories the Ford Pinto didn't sell well in South America as Pinto was slang for small penis :)

Or the Nova with it reached spain, "No Va" being the spanish for "He/She/It Does not go"

:D

Soldato
the numbers also mean something so tell you a bit more about the car

Always like BMWs for their no nonscence numbering (although some didnt quite match up with their displacement)

For car names the yanks have stolen all the goodens

Although TVR have some sweet names Griffin, Chimera, Ceberra, Tuscan, Segaris

Nobels sound like Assault rifles to me as well :p

Soldato
NickXX said:
...and face it, '350z' sounds a damn sight better than 'Fairlady' :p

But not as good as skyline...

Numbers/letters are a lazy way of naming cars because they have no imagination...

Mercedes is not named E-Class (on the car), its called E220 or whatever model it is... E-Class is the range...

good names?

Impreza

Lancer Evolution

Skyline

Focus

Stingray

Boxter

Elise

Exige

And many more...

Good numbers, none, the car it refers to is good, but numbers dont sound in anyway good, only what they are associated with...

360... dull, modena.. exciting...

360 sounds like its gonna spin on you at any moment..

lol

355 sounds like it cant quite do a full donut..

Soldato
Same...it's dull, I know, but I like some of the Triumph branding. "Dolomite Sprint" ...or 2500PI (Petro Injection) always did it for me :D

Ferrari 308GTB, sounds great to me too. Acronyms for the win! :cool:

Daihatsu are the kings at this mind. Vanpeebles, get some of those kerrraazzzyyy names in here :p

Soldato
Nazbit said:
Or the Nova with it reached spain, "No Va" being the spanish for "He/She/It Does not go"

Pretty sure they never even launched the the Nova in Spain, it was the Opel Corsa right from the start.
The nova usually referred to by that urban legend is the chevy nova, and that did pretty well selling in south america. "Nova" as a single word is a common synonym in spanish for "new", there is even a fuel in Mexico branded "Nova"

Associate
I suppose a name can help you identify the type or car though. You know, a hint as to what to expect.

Take the Ford Mundano for example. ;)

Anyway, there's no cut and dry with this. Some numbers a cool, some names are cool. Mines a Leon, don't know what to think when you just say that, but then it's also got Cupra following it, which IMO makes it cool. A Leon 225 though? Doesn't sound as cool to me.

Why they chose Leon though I don't know. Anyone know what that means in spanish?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom