Which Keyboard

Soldato
I wish they had a black version of it though. I really can't type well with any keyboars other than the ultra x now. The apple pros at school feel like they need more effort put in and I just can't take the strain. :(

Soldato
InSanCen said:
Yeah, although the Cherries doesn't use Buckling Spring's.

I see what you mean. <Buckling Spring's

Cherry used to make a mechanical click action click one, but can't seem to find it on their site.

Soldato
Raymond Lin said:
Apple Pro, sexy looking, no fancy nonsense media buttons, small footprint, lovely typing action.

pita to keep clean

But white!! If Apple made them in black I would probably have that over my Ultra X! But as it is, this is the best keyboard I have ever used (even though Apple Pros feel lovely), and the enter key is normal shaped.

Caporegime
InSanCen said:
The BEST keyboard ever made was the IBM Mk2

It's a love or hate thing though, as they're beige, 102 Key, Heavy, Noisy things. IF you like it though, you'll never be happy with any other Keyboard.

http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/cusnonusen.html

You'll get them about the £25-35 range at "Popular Auction Sites"

My first has withstood a number of coffee/Keyboard interfaces, and only needs a stripdown & Clean to return to a servicable state (Right shift is sticky).

My particular ones are 1989 & 1990 (Cheers Jason) Vintages.

Your kidding right? Beige, they look like they're from the 80's.

Soldato
InSanCen said:
The BEST keyboard ever made was the IBM Mk2

It's a love or hate thing though, as they're beige, 102 Key, Heavy, Noisy things. IF you like it though, you'll never be happy with any other Keyboard.

http://pckeyboards.stores.yahoo.net/cusnonusen.html

You'll get them about the £25-35 range at "Popular Auction Sites"

My first has withstood a number of coffee/Keyboard interfaces, and only needs a stripdown & Clean to return to a servicable state (Right shift is sticky).

My particular ones are 1989 & 1990 (Cheers Jason) Vintages.
You serious :confused: Hate to think of the damage your doing to your hand/s in particular wrist/s :eek: Also, new/modern keyboards are spillproof :p

Associate
hp7909 said:
You serious :confused: Hate to think of the damage your doing to your hand/s in particular wrist/s :eek: Also, new/modern keyboards are spillproof :p

Energize said:

Nope, not kidding at all. If this one ever goes, I'll get another. You show me a keyboard with a Key action as perfect as this, and i'll buy it.

Just 'cos it's old, doesn't mean it's crap.;)

Associate
Saitek eclipse for the win!

pic5.jpg

Associate
I've got a Saitek Gamers' and it's great except for one thing: the fact it won't tolerate three simultaneous key presses in the arrows areas of the keyboard - which I've always used over WASD in Counter-Strike. It's very, very annoying.

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
I have an Eclipse also , but wish i got the G15 now since you can always have the windows key disabled so you can game for hours on end without minimizing the damn game :E

Soldato
hp7909 said:

What makes you think he's joking, the IBM Model M is 'probably' the best keyboard ever built in terms of quality and tactile feel, I still use one myself, and being a later Model M it's got drainage holes too so spillage isn't an issue :p ...you ain't gonna break it with a bit of tea or coke, trust me. It's also ergonomically shaped; it's actually not flat it slopes toward the user.

Energize said:

They are originally, although mine was actually made in 1996. Not everything that came out of the '80s was bad, contrary to popular belief :p

Last edited:

Nix

Nix

Soldato
Moeks said:
They are originally, although mine was actually made in 1996. Not everything that came out of the '80s was bad, contrary to popular belief :p

Yeah, but it's f-ugly.

Associate
My housemate has a: SpeedLink Ultra SL-6466 Flat Illuminated Metal Keyboard (KB-001-SL)

And I have to say it's both illuminated and VERY lappy-esqe (the buttons are very flat and you dont have to push down far for them to be hit)

Back
Top Bottom