1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which mobile broadband?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones & Tablets' started by dance, 20 Apr 2010.

1. dance

Associate

Hi,

I want to get a pay as you go mobile broadband dongle for use when I am out and about. I have ADSL at home so wouldn't use unless on the train or in a hotel etc

I would like to use with my netbook and also my ipad (grey import).

I want a great signal and obviously a good deal if possible. Which dongles are best to go for?

Thanks

2. dance

Associate

PS: I will consider a contract if its a good deal. :)

3. Luke

Soldato

It depends where you are mostly going to use it and what network coverage is best.
    I have t-Mobile 3g and cannot get any signal on Cross Country trains between Sheffield and Reading whereas I see people next to me using Vodafone and Orange quite happily.

4. Aod

Sgarrista

i have a 3 PAYG simcard in my laptop for mobile broadband and it's very reasonable, and i get signal pretty much everywhere.

bare in mind that i's highly unlikely that any simcard will work in your iTampon - they use Micro-Sims for one, and are almost certainly going to be totally locked down by apple.

5. dance

Associate

Thanks guys.

I think a 3 PAYG mobile dongle is the best bet.

Cheers

6. Seft

Mobster

If you get a MiFi from 3, you should be able to use it with your iPad.

7. Begbie

Capodecina

Got T-Mobile and cant complain. Slow during the week, but literally hundreds of us here use the same one.

Go with the best coverage for the area though.

8. no idea what

Capodecina

I have a 3 mobile internet dongle. £15 a month for 5gb usage and 30 day contract.

I used it on a trip to cornwall (380 miles) and the signal only dropped out once over the moores.

It's my only internet connection at home and it serves well, stays connected for a month without disconnecting at all :) Speeds are fairly decent also, can get 280kb/s on downloads.

Last edited: 21 Apr 2010