1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which MP3/Multimedia Player?!

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by fatmas, 17 Jun 2006.

1. fatmas

PermaBanned

Im looking at getting a new MP3 Player and the Iriver U10 2Gb Looks very tasty, (£155)
    U10 Iriver
    I want a solid state one and the Iriver has been good to me in the past.
    However Poolybit and a colleague at work are saying I should get a PDA Instead because of there relativley small price difference.
    The PDA I would possibly get is the ACER N50 Premium with a 1GB SD card. (£250)

Right. The Iriver is small, touchscreen, 2gb, Videos Music Etc... the PDA is good also but i dont know!
    Is there anything on the market that is more Multimedia than an MP3 Player but not quite a PDA?
    From about £130 - £250? It has to be small too. Not tiny, just so I can put it in my pocket. Any Ideas guys?
    Cheers.

[Edit] I've currently got an Iriver 1gb MP3 Player, Not colour or anything but good none the less, im just a gadget ***** [Edit]

2. fatmas

PermaBanned

No Replies? Only 5 views though... :-(

3. meggy-vengeance

PermaBanned

Shut it geek.

P.S I have your mp3 player

4. fatmas

PermaBanned

I know. lol.
    Nobody replied to this though.

Im at work and I have James telling me to get a PDA but Im not sure.. I need OCUK Advice!

5. the_brainaic

Hitman

Whenever I reply to these threads I always pimp the iAudio X5/X5L players. So thats my answer!

6. benjo

Capodecina

Creative Zen Vision:M 30GB MP3/Video Player

@ £199 is meant to be very good :)

7. Tachyon

Wise Guy

I just got a Zen Vision:M at the weekend and I'm delighted with it. It was a toss up between it the iAudio X5L and in the end I went for the Zen.
    It has a very good screen & I was amazed at the quality of video playback on it, FM tuner and can store photos etc.. as well.

My gripes with it are the it dosen't come with an AC charger (mine didn't anyway) so if you're going to travel you'll need to pick up one of those otherwise it charges via USB.
    The touch control is taking me a bit to get used to but thats just me. I'll maybe post a few pics to let you see size or whtever if I get a sec.

8. Stellios

Capodecina

Thats what id say too.

9. fatmas

PermaBanned

Cheers guys, Yeah some pics at some point will be great, in the mean time ill peep the OC MP3 player section and have a look. I do like the look of that Iriver U10 though, even though its only 2Gb.
    Hmmm Decisions decisions....

10. Kainz

Capodecina

I'd go for the Zen Vision:M too. I'm a big iriver fan and too love the U10, but its storage is pooh for the price tbh. The Zen along with the Cowon mentioned above are prolly 2 of the best players around right now.

11. xb8browney

Soldato

I have a friend looking at getting a CREATIVE Zen Vision:M but he doesn’t know how it works in terms of putting music on it. I assume you have to use the creative software but can you put your own videos and were can you buy full length videos for it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

12. Vegetarian

Mobster

I have an Ipaq 4150 and a Vision:M and the iPaq beats the VM in both audio and vision!

Try and track down an iPaq 4150 and a 2 gig SD card.

13. xb8browney

Soldato

Yer but its got alot more storage

14. Big Kev

Capodecina

If you have a quick search, you'll find a lot of positive comments about the Vision:M, which I also echo, having had mine for a couple of weeks now.

The video playback is brilliant and mine came with an AC adapter. :)

15. xb8browney

Soldato

He bought one today :rolleyes: