Which network has the best data FUP?

alx

alx

Soldato
This has been recycled over and over and over. O2 do not have a FUP of 200MB. Their service is unlimited, and they will only cap you if you're negatively impacting other customers. Where do people get this 200MB limit from?! Here are the terms from the O2 website...

From here:http://www.o2.co.uk/explore/tariffs/boltons/paygoboltons/o2web

Where it says "But if your usage exceeds that of other users, which is normally expected to be below 200MB a month, you'll be charged standard rates for additional browsing." It's not exactly the most hard set limit but it seems they could charge you for anything they deem unreasonable. I've not heard of any data limit problems with people on O2 though so it probably is unlimited unless you really take the ****.

Last edited:
Soldato
From here:http://www.o2.co.uk/explore/tariffs/boltons/paygoboltons/o2web

Where it says "But if your usage exceeds that of other users, which is normally expected to be below 200MB a month, you'll be charged standard rates for additional browsing." It's not exactly the most hard set limit but it seems they could charge you for anything they deem unreasonable. I've not heard of any data limit problems with people on O2 though so it probably is unlimited unless you really take the ****.

That's pay as you go....

Soldato
I mentioned this in another thread , O2's limit is 1gb on their bolt-on at least thats the figure that got me the text and email one month when I was using the mobile exclusively as had no home broadband for a while.

Given that figure O2 is probably second best behind T-mobile at 3gb depending on coverage in your area.

Soldato
for me tmobile coverage is generally excellent, i have a vodafone work phone and that is always dropping signal and not completing calls, where as tmobile has usually got HSDPA in the same instances.

Soldato
O2 has no set limit for their unlimited smartphone/iphone tarrifs, but have gone semi on record saying it's within the region of 20gb. I'd expect them to contact you well before that though.

Next is T-mobile with their Android 3gb soft limit.

Soldato
O2 has no set limit for their unlimited smartphone/iphone tarrifs, but have gone semi on record saying it's within the region of 20gb. I'd expect them to contact you well before that though.

Next is T-mobile with their Android 3gb soft limit.

Ah that's interesting as at the time I got warned I was on a simplicity tariff with the bolt on , now on a proper contract with the X10 on the smartphone tariff so hopefully it is as you say 20gb as I did tend to browse the web when out quite a lot and wouldn't have to worry at all now .

Soldato
What is the coverage and speed like on T-Mobile? I would assume this would only get better once they start to share networks with Orange?

Well, whilst I get a nice strong 3G signal pretty much everywhere on Orange, there's virtually none at home on T-Mobile despite living suburbia, only 8 miles from the centre of Birmingham.

Regards the merging of their networks, I don't think that's going to be happening any time soon.

Soldato
Well, whilst I get a nice strong 3G signal pretty much everywhere on Orange, there's virtually none at home on T-Mobile despite living suburbia, only 8 miles from the centre of Birmingham.

Regards the merging of their networks, I don't think that's going to be happening any time soon.

They have given a press release today but no idea on when they will share masts.

"Benefits begin this year: Roaming across both networks due later this year, at no additional cost to the customer"

Associate
I received a snotty letter from o2 after using 1gb on their unlimited internet bolt on. However I wasn't on a smart phone package as I had a c905 at the time.

Associate
3 just changed their "unlimited" internet to a hard capped 500MB FUP - automatic charges if you go above this. For an extra £5pm you can get a bolt-on giving 2GB allowance.

Do you have a link to their bolt-on giving the 2GB allowance? I can't find it anywhere on their site, thanks :). Looking at 3 for a Desire now.

Associate
Do you have a link to their bolt-on giving the 2GB allowance? I can't find it anywhere on their site, thanks :). Looking at 3 for a Desire now.

The UK HQ gave out those details on blog.three.co.uk. They also admitted that their website was inconsistent and they were going to start an audit to clean up the internet/fup references.

Caporegime
Whats the best data network provider for the iPhone? Always assumed it was O2 as that was meant to be practically unlimited. Also be interested to know if this differs to their policy on Andriod based smartphones...

Shame it seems T-Mobile wont get the iPhone...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom