Votes: 88 8.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 120 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
OP
I have to say that arguing about the benefits or negatives of the Cloud on either platform is a bit pointless right now. It's a part of console gaming that is so new that I don't think anyone can accurately predict how it will turn out. It could well be an absolute failure, or it could be the dawn of a new era in gaming for us all. Hopefully we'll find out over the next few years.

Associate
the only thing the xbone does have over the ps4 is the kinect something a lot of people wont use as its a rather expensive gimmick and outside of a handful of titles it will be forgotten about

...and for some people, games. The reasons for a lot of people to buy one console over the other is software (should be the only reason imo). For my 'needs' there are no exclusives on the PS4 but, loads that tick the right boxes on Xbox = buy Xbox first.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
...and for some people, games. The reasons for a lot of people to buy one console over the other is software (should be the only reason imo). For my 'needs' there are no exclusives on the PS4 but, loads that tick the right boxes on Xbox = buy Xbox first.

and thats the way it should be to be honest. the games not the gimicks. just look at the wii u and now the 2ds ?! nintendo are back in their 1990's mind set of just releasing any old tat expecting it to sell.

Associate
and thats the way it should be to be honest. the games not the gimicks. just look at the wii u and now the 2ds ?! nintendo are back in their 1990's mind set of just releasing any old tat expecting it to sell.

This thread is about next gen hardware can we please keep the WiiU out of it thanks.......(trollface)
:p

Man of Honour
OP
and thats the way it should be to be honest. the games not the gimicks.
Couldn't agree more. The games will always make the console, and if MS eventually end up with a far superior gaming line up, the fact that the PS4 is more powerful won't actually matter. Of course, the same will also be very true for Sony if they end up with the better gaming line up. If anything, having a less powerful console will perhaps force MS into throwing money at developers and publishers to try and make sure they do end up with the better library in the end.

Edz

Edz

Soldato
For me the most important aspect of next gen gaming is that the software runs well, i.e. no framerate issue, pop ins, tearing etc..

That is why at the moment I am waiting until these games are reviewed before I pre-order anything.

If we have the same issues with 90% of the software like we do this gen then I will just stick with what I already have (PS3 & 360)

Associate
Game line up is all that should matter.

Thats why my pre-order is in for the Xbox One, as nothing on the PS4 at launch excites me.

If it turns out that all multiplatform titles run better on the PS4 then i'll end up getting one of those too

Associate
Although I think that the games should be the most important choice when deciding which console to choose (at least first) a lot of the most exciting games at launch for both consoles are multi-platform so therefore the debate quickly moves down to what else the consoles offer other than games. That's where i think all of the debates about cloud and all that jazz comes from (with a little bit of fanboyism as well)

Soldato
Game line up ofcourse is important but nobody knows whats instore for either console down the line... Realistically they both have really good devs who prefer one or the other. The launch lineup all im interested in is multiplats Cod, Destiny, Watch Dogs, Fifa. Then a couple of exclusives maybe, Infamous Second Son and possibly Titanfall both of which i dont think is a deal breaker as im not mad for either... yet. So when games are out of the equation is goes to specs and services which is where it gets complicated and difficult to decipher without actual comparisons due to PS4 having better specs and Xbox having dedicated servers.

Is there a list anywhere which shows what devlopers create for what playform... i.e Naughty Dog for PS.

Soldato
Destiny, Infamous and Titanfall are all 2014...

Lol, i didnt really word that very well, but i knew they were 2014 games.. Infamous and Titanfall are the only exclusives that raise a eye brow is what i meant to say for them.. Destiny im lead to believe will have exclusive content on PS? dont quote me on that though.

Soldato
I think both XB1 and PS4 launch lineups are meh at the moment

Agreed, which is why it's odd people are making decisions based on the launch titles - they aren't great for either console. If you're planning on buying both eventually, then sure, it doesn't matter, but if someone is choosing their console for this generation on the current line-up then they're crazy :eek:

Caporegime
Agreed, which is why it's odd people are making decisions based on the launch titles - they aren't great for either console. If you're planning on buying both eventually, then sure, it doesn't matter, but if someone is choosing their console for this generation on the current line-up then they're crazy :eek:

Why? Forza is one of the top driving games around and Dead Rising 3 looks excellent. Killzone (while personally not my favorite shooter) has a lot of fans as well.

GAC

GAC

Soldato
Lol, i didnt really word that very well, but i knew they were 2014 games.. Infamous and Titanfall are the only exclusives that raise a eye brow is what i meant to say for them.. Destiny im lead to believe will have exclusive content on PS? dont quote me on that though.

Yep, lots of people seem confused about those 3 games. If they were out at launch the lineups would be much better, I think both XB1 and PS4 launch lineups are meh at the moment

especially titanfall which isnt a xbone exclusive but a ms exclusive as in its on the pc as well (windows) but the way ms talk about it you'd think it was xbone only.

Soldato

Yep, i'm purely buying on the future games coming out, and for that reason I'm choosing PS4. 2014 should have quite a few decent games coming out.

Associate

What's not interesting to one person might well be to another. I found Kill Zone 1 and 2 to be terrible games, however I did rather like Dead Rising 1 & 2 along with all the Forza's not to mention the interest in the already announced exclusive titles over the next 12 months.

I don't understand why folks brand people based on you own preferences. I have friends who are going PS4 because they love Killzone....fair enough, I don't agree but I certainly won't try to convince them they are wrong.

If everyone liked the same thing how boring would that be! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom