Poll: Which Next Gen Console will you buy?

What will you buy?

• I will buy both consoles

Votes: 95 9.7%
  • I will buy an Xbox One only

Votes: 67 6.8%
  • I will buy a PS4 only

Votes: 591 60.2%
  • I will buy neither console

Votes: 108 11.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 121 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I'm going to stick with my 360 until I've caught up with all the games I want to play. By then I can view the mutliplat games and reviews and decide. I see £430 for me on day one as a waste because there is little I want to play. I may as well let the games build up a bit and wait for the inevitable Xbox price slash due to poor sales that this damage will have done.

I did say I didn't think this stuff would ever get launched and I don't think the price will stay high either.

Man of Honour
I may as well let the games build up a bit and wait for the inevitable Xbox price slash due to poor sales that this damage will have done.

I don't think it will have made as big an impact as it could have done. The last figures I saw from Amazon were something like 39,000 PS4 pre-orders compared to 5,000 Xbox Ones or something like that. Considering they will both sell millions worldwide, I think the damage will be fairly negligible.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
good news for consumers really as now people can make a decision based on games rather that which big corporation is least likely to screw you over

Soldato
As an interesting side note I wonder what the ramifications for the Valve "steam" based console are - this kind of rejection of DRM would seem to kill it stone dead.

Caporegime
As an interesting side note I wonder what the ramifications for the Valve "steam" based console are - this kind of rejection of DRM would seem to kill it stone dead.

Doesn't everybody wait for the Steam sales to buy anything though? :p Locking a game for a fiver to your account isn't as bad as locking a 50-quid potential doozy to your library.

Soldato

I don't think it does anything to it. Steam will be the same, I imagine if they release a console they will not even bother including a disc drive. I also imagine that not many will be upset with that.

People accepted what Steam is a long time ago, they have won their fans on merit despite their distribution method.

Plus the Xbox One implementation was messy, confusing, stood in some kind of awkward space between fully digital and physical.

Caporegime

I've never understood how the Steam Box would be good anyway. The only people that seem to be excited about it are PC gamers...who already have a PC that does more than that.

It just seems to me like a concept that has no market.

Soldato
People accepted what Steam is a long time ago, they have won their fans on merit despite their distribution method..
I agree on a PC, I just wonder if this shows the console market isn't ready for that yet and that is what they were shooting for having pretty much dominated the PC market already.

Probably a topic for a different thread I suspect, it just popped into my head though :)

Man of Honour
I've never understood how the Steam Box would be good anyway. The only people that seem to be excited about it are PC gamers...who already have a PC that does more than that.

It just seems to me like a concept that has no market.

People who want to play games in the lounge/tv.
Some games are just better in that environment.
Lack of apps for other things would have turned me off, unless they got the majour parties on bored. Who wants many boxes under the tv.
I don't think it'll have any affect on a steam console. However the code found in a developer version of steam to alow sharing, I think will now be shelved.

Man of Honour
That is listening. Unsurprisingly, like many other people I would imagine, I didn't contact MS direct and discuss things with them. I just didn't pre-order a Xbox1 - well, i actually cancelled my preorder when details started coming out. I've now reversed that.
Exactly - you spoke with your wallet. The fact MS backtracked suggests they listened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom