Which one to Buy? Samsung S9+ or Iphone 8?

Associate
I am undecided on which phone to buy, I plan on buying a refurbished phone (to fit my budget) but I am not yet decided on which one to buy does Samsung S9+ match up with the iPhone 8? and vice versa? Which one is a better choice?

Associate
Yes and yes. Both good enough phones and up to the job. Pretty much comes down to android or apple ecosystem between the 2. Personally I'd say the S9 as not a fan of the straight jacket that is the iPhone OS ;) Each to their own though..

Soldato
Do you mean the s9+ and the iPhone 8+ ?

The standard iPhone 8 is much smaller than the s9+. Both good phones and as mentioned by the poster above, will depend on which OS you prefer.

Associate
Definitely the iPhone 8. Apples ecosystem is so much better and no need to partake in Google’s shady business practices.

That's the thing, between the 2 phones you specify your choice comes own to apple or Google. Most of my family have iPhones and even though I have the wifes old iPhone 6s plus to try and tempt me to the light, I pig headedly stick with Google. I currently have galaxy S9+ so know as long as the OP is OK with Google then know you'll not be disappointed with the galaxy s9 plus. Not sure how it compares size wize with the iPhone but the galaxy has a georgeus hi rez, bright display.

Soldato
Yes, as been said, it's down to preference between the two ecosystems.
I had some of the earlier iPhones but once android started to get to a polished state I switched and won't look back now.

I still find android tries too hard to be a windows PC in your pocket rather than a smartphone. Google are slowly but surely clawing back more control over their product but I wouldn’t touch google with a barge pole so they are out on those grounds

Soldato
I still find android tries too hard to be a windows PC in your pocket rather than a smartphone. Google are slowly but surely clawing back more control over their product but I wouldn’t touch google with a barge pole so they are out on those grounds

So you've never used any Google product or service? I find that very hard to believe.

Soldato
So you've never used any Google product or service? I find that very hard to believe.

I have but as it’s become apparent that google have no intention of paying me for my personal information and online behaviour, which they profit massively from, I have no intention of letting them have any of that.

I also object to the echo chambers that google creates due to tailoring content to a users past behaviour and preferences. The world is a much more divided and hostile place because of that.

Associate
I have but as it’s become apparent that google have no intention of paying me for my personal information and online behaviour, which they profit massively from, I have no intention of letting them have any of that.

And by using an iphone you are no longer subject to that? Complete rubbish.

If you use gmail, maps, google to search, any of their other apps that I'd say, the majority of iphone users use, you'll have an ad profile and be tracked just as much as the rest of us.

I bet Apple collect equal amounts to google/Amazon on their users.

@ OP - It's personal preference but the Samsung is better. iPhones haven't changed for about 10 years....same old.

Soldato
And by using an iphone you are no longer subject to that? Complete rubbish.

If you use gmail, maps, google to search, any of their other apps that I'd say, the majority of iphone users use, you'll have an ad profile and be tracked just as much as the rest of us.

I bet Apple collect equal amounts to google/Amazon on their users.

@ OP - It's personal preference but the Samsung is better. iPhones haven't changed for about 10 years....same old.

I don’t use gmail, maps or google to search. I get better alternatives that don’t build an advertising profile elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom