Which OS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Currently Building a new system and have a couple of questions,
1) The machine will be used for gaming with the usual net surfing, e-mails etc. With this use which OS would better suite my needs XP Home or Pro? Is pro worth the extra money?
2) The Machine will have the Asus A8n-SLI Premium and a Samsung Spinpoint P Sata 2 Drive. I have heard that sometime you need to install Sata drivers from a floppy disk drive. Would that be true with the ablove bits of kit. If so then I'll have to buy a floppy drive.
Many Thanks in advance

Soldato
I have both Home and Pro and I don't see any differences between them when on games. So it's down to whether you want/need the extra features in XP Pro.

As for installing SATA drivers, you could slipstream them into an XP installation disc. I don't know how to do this myself but I have heard someone mention it before now.

SiriusB

Associate
OP
many thanks for the quick replies i was hoping Home was the way to go, saves me money :). Will find more info on the slipstream idea siriusB, cheers

Man of Honour
We're seeing epic zombie thread revivals all over he place on this forum. I'm guessing it's because the search function doens't return threads in date order by default?

Man of Honour
We're seeing epic zombie thread revivals all over he place on this forum. I'm guessing it's because the search function doens't return threads in date order by default?

I wish there was a banner or something on a page if a thread was bumped after say 6 months of inactivity.

Oh and Windows 10 is a terrible OS, even with some good ideas in it, and each update is progressively becoming more awful.

Man of Honour
I wish there was a banner or something on a page if a thread was bumped after say 6 months of inactivity.

Oh and Windows 10 is a terrible OS, even with some good ideas in it, and each update is progressively becoming more awful.
the search just needs fixing. it is even worse than it used to be, it's just terrible.
and no 10 is a great os.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom