1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which P55 Motherboard?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by lolix, 27 Sep 2009.

1. lolix

Associate

I'm stuck deciding on a motherboard for a new i5 system, I'm looking to spend around £100-£120, any suggestions of which is the best for this price range?

2. Duke

Man of Honour

I went for the Asus P7P55D which is £115 and has a nice spec.

3. cmndr_andi

Capodecina

+1 great board, looks nice and easy to overclock the i5 chips

4. MeatLoaf

Capodecina

What about the LE version for £100. Only difference i can see is it has 8+2 phase power compared to 12+2 phase of the non LE version

5. cmndr_andi

Capodecina

Aye, its worth a look. The only changes I can see compared to the non-LE board are the power design (as you said), 6 vs 7 SATA ports, not supporting DDR3 2133MHz RAM (OC) RAM and no firewire.

Nothing there will affect the performance much at all, though I would probably want to see a review that confirms it clocks an i5 up to 4GHz before I start recommending it.

6. MeatLoaf

Capodecina

Yep im going to be looking for a few reviews. Im going to be on the lookout for an i5 board in the next week and wont be spending over £100, especially as the CPU will cost at least £140 and the RAM £70 - £80. I'll probably get the CPU last with the proceeds of flogging my 775 kit.

Ive already heard great things about the Gigabyte UD2 Matx board for only £86 but id rather have a full sized board as the littlke MATX board would be full straight away with my GFX card, TV card and X-Fi

7. weird_dave

Wise Guy

I'm struggling to find any decent reviews of this board or even user comments.
    I wonder if the 4 phase power will limit the OC potential?

Edit:

Just seen some pages stating 6 phase. Not sure how many it really is now.

Last edited: 28 Sep 2009
  8. lolix

Associate

Thanks guys, I will probably go for the Asus P7P55D then.