1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which PCI Wireless Card?!

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by fatmas, 24 Jul 2006.

1. fatmas

PermaBanned

Right. My Lovely US Robotics 9106 Wireless Router went *** over *** yesterday so I went out and got a Belkin G+ MIMO Wireless Modem Router jobby.
    Anyway, My Wireless Card in my room is still only 11b so My actual download speed is only 1.1mbps.
    Can anybody recommend a GOOD PCI wireless card that has a good range
    (My room is in the loft and the Router is 2 floors down, I get about 80% signal up here using my current Belkin card..
    Any Suggestions?
    A while ago I bought a new Belkin one from a competitor I cant mention (Death) and it was complete rubbish, kept dropping etc..

2. Imy

Mobster

My bro has that router with matching wireless card for his laptop - works great.

Dropping connections is a given with wireless technology.

The card you want is the "Belkin F5D8000UK Wireless Pre-N MIMO PCI Network Card" which you can purchase from here.

Last edited: 24 Jul 2006
  3. fatmas

PermaBanned

-" The Belkin Pre-N product will not drop to the standard 802.11g or 802.11b speeds "

It will work fine with The Belkin Router still?

[Edit] Wait. Stupid. "Belkin''s Pre-N technology offers backward compatibility with existing 802.11g and 802.11b products," [Edit]

Nvm
    Thanks for the advice :D

4. VeNT

Capodecina

hate belkin stuff, avoid at all costs tbh.

5. fatmas

PermaBanned

Hmm I know alot of people who hate Belkin but I spoke to Chris1712 who works at *DEATH COMPETITOR* and he reckons that Belkin Router is the best one..
    Oh well if I don't like it I'll break it and claim under warranty. lol