Which Phone ?

Soldato
spirit said:
i think many things elude you...

Maybe so, but I don’t understand people that would like to pay £35 p/m extra for 6 months for a couple of extra mins. If you don’t upgrade on time then you loose out. Over 3 years with an 18 month contract you will have been given 2 phones worth C. £300 (if you get the best phone you can on an 18 or 12 month*), that equals a total value of £600. If you were on a 12 you would be given 3 phones worth C. £300, that equals £900. So effectively you have made £300. If you get a 12 month contract and upgrade after the 12 at say month 15 then you have lost out.

*You should be able to get any phone free on a £35 p/m tariff on a 12 or 18 month contract, with maybe the exeption of very high end phones that will cost around the same on both.

Man of Honour
Spamalot said:
Maybe so, but I don’t understand people that would like to pay £35 p/m extra for 6 months for a couple of extra mins. If you don’t upgrade on time then you loose out. Over 3 years with an 18 month contract you will have been given 2 phones worth C. £300 (if you get the best phone you can on an 18 or 12 month*), that equals a total value of £600. If you were on a 12 you would be given 3 phones worth C. £300, that equals £900. So effectively you have made £300. If you get a 12 month contract and upgrade after the 12 at say month 15 then you have lost out.

*You should be able to get any phone free on a £35 p/m tariff on a 12 or 18 month contract, with maybe the exeption of very high end phones that will cost around the same on both.

Which may be your view, but it doesn't apply to everyone, or indeed most people...

Your obsession with demanding the best phone at the lowest possible price isn't something shared by many other people, lots of people actually want their phone to use, rather than to pose with or make money from, and this is reflected in the range of tarriffs offered by most networks.

In most cases, you don't have to take an 18 month contract, but you will be rewarded if you do, that reward is worth more to some people than an upgrade after 12 months. Your constant badgering of everyone and criticising the deals they are taking because they suit them is getting rather tiresome tbh.

Back
Top Bottom