Which review sites do you trust?

Soldato
I don't bother with reviews. Simple reason is my taste in games is different to others, and therefor the reviewers. Bioshock games get high reviews and so do Fallout games, and whilst I love both shooters and RPGs I know those are two games that I just wouldn't enjoy, whilst for others they are the bees knees.

zero punctuation is actually most most trusted reviewer. i see the bad points as much as he does and find them extremely annoying and boring. i am yet to play a game since he started reviewing that i didn't think could have been much better if they hadn't made such silly mistakes. i'm not sure if he reviewed it but a good example is oblivion, such fantastic potential, but wasted massively from the lack of "life" in the game

will wait and see what he thinks of mafia 2, maybe then we'll have a disagreement.

Caporegime
zero punctuation is actually most most trusted reviewer. i see the bad points as much as he does and find them extremely annoying and boring. i am yet to play a game since he started reviewing that i didn't think could have been much better if they hadn't made such silly mistakes. i'm not sure if he reviewed it but a good example is oblivion, such fantastic potential, but wasted massively from the lack of "life" in the game

will wait and see what he thinks of mafia 2, maybe then we'll have a disagreement.

mods did save oblivion.

MMM mod was fun wondered off on a short cut only to come running into town being chased by spiders, weird flying things and a giant ****ing crab :p

Associate

Agreed. Also tend to agree with most of the comments that come from the Kotaku site, although this isn't really a review site as such. I've also found the Steam Metascore to be a pretty good guide to whether something is really worth bothering with or not.

Soldato
I watch the game trailer video reviews, i find them quite balanced and you actually get to see footage of the game itself.

gametrailers.com

Last edited:
Associate
Look at metacritic for average score, then look a the list of reviews for scores around the average mark and read them.

I'm starting to see a pattern aswell :D

Back
Top Bottom