1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which Samsung?

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by eeper, 8 Mar 2006.

1. eeper

Associate

Given that the Samsung 930BF and 940B are very similarly priced, I was wondering what the difference is between the two. I know the BF has a faster response time, but what does the 940B have that makes it worth the "extra" money?

2. fish99

Soldato

They're exactly the same price :)

The 940B is just the old 913B rebadged. It's a previous generation screen, but that doesn't really mean a great deal, it's not like there's a huge difference between 4 and 8 ms. The only thing it has over the 930BF is the height adjust + pivot stand. The 930BF has a very limited stand. If you want to put a centre speaker under your monitor, the 940B can do that, the 930BF can't. That's about it.

3. Jimbo

Soldato

The 930BF is a good monitor, I have one. I am loathe to reccomend it though as I have lightbleed across the midle of mine.

4. Baddass

Don

The addition of a heavy dose of overdrive on to the panel (they both use the same Samsung TN Film panel really) on the 930BF has helped improve responsiveness a little, and makes the 930BF a little faster than the 940B. However, this has lead to a slight loss in movie playback quality as noise in movies is accentuated a bit more. As has been said, functionality varies, so bare that in mind too. If you want a gaming screen then the 930Bf has the slight edge. If you are not a major gamer, and want the functionality more, get the 940B :)

5. ToLearn

Gangster

baddas has said it all really i went for the 940b as im not a major gamer though i can see no ghosting in the games ive played on it anyway and i liked that fact that it has pivot and height adjust very good monitor