Which sub/amp kit?

Caporegime
Soldato
The Alpine Type-R Comps seem to be fairly technical speakers but have huge magnets and so you need a good mounting depth and width to get them in.

The standard speakers in the focus are usually pretty good and let down by the HU so you could change the HU first. The alpine 4x60 iirc requires a direct fused power supply off the battery not the ISO to get it at its peak. See how it sounds with the sub. Then you can pick your speakers and amp knowing how the sub's bass fills the sound in the car. (for example gensis profiles need to be matched carefully with a speakers to get the most out of the system as they don't kick out the hugest power but quality is sweet amazing)

Soldato
OP
yes, the HU needs a direct feed. Will be feeding the amp power cable through so shouldn't be too much of a pain.

i may leave the comps till i get the car then. atleast then i can see what depths and space i have left.

don't want to mess about too much.....hoping to have my ST in 6-10 months

Soldato
Reality Bites said:
yes, the HU needs a direct feed. Will be feeding the amp power cable through so shouldn't be too much of a pain.

i may leave the comps till i get the car then. atleast then i can see what depths and space i have left.

don't want to mess about too much.....hoping to have my ST in 6-10 months

What are you getting now then if not the ST?

Soldato
OP
needmorespeed said:
i'm not so keen on alpine speakers they make great headunits and some nice amps but the speakers dont seem to be that good.

this pack on CAD seems like a good deal and will have good SQ http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/pro...d=4625&cadid=b80873ebfd7b14eba2b54c7d5c9938a4

i used to have some old DD drive alpine comps.....they were amasing. i've never heard of genesis or rainbow TBH.

Going to have to get down to the local ICE store and have a listen. May just stick with the HU and sub for now

Soldato
Reality Bites said:
just a basic focus.

I got a quote on an ST2 in performance blue after i took it for a test drive for £17000.

I can't afford to lose the 5-6K in the first year so going to wait and see how the prices come down first.

MMMM very nice. Anyway, you may find that a HU and Sub will be enough for a bit as manufactures use reasonable speakers these days.

Back
Top Bottom