Which waterblock + system

Associate
Hi all

I'm thinking on trying out some water blocks from EK, and i've been looking into the following:

1) EK-SUPREMACY THREADRIPPER (NICKEL+ACETAL)
2) EK-MLC PHOENIX THREADRIPPER

and to go with these once;

- RES X3 250 Reservoir
- Mayhems Ultra Clear Tubing (3/8 - 1/2) 16/10mm Tubing
- EK-COOLSTREAM SE 240 Radiator

- EK-XRES 140 D5 PWM (including a reservoir) OR EK-XTOP Revo D5

Am I missing some elements or general thoughts regarding this setup?

Thank you in advance, regards :)

Soldato
No. Neither.

The original EK Supremacy Threadripper was so bad EK published an apology. You want the Supremacy sTR4 instead. And that Phoenix block is part of their expandable AIO kit so it's pre-filled with quick dosconnects to hook into other modules of the MLC range.

Associate
OP
I was wondering, if it was possible to mate both the AIO Phoenix Bundle, with the Supremacy sTR4 water block with the right fitting - being able to swap out the water block without the need of buying new radiator ect.?

Soldato
You'd have to source the same quick disconnects for the sTR4 as the rest of the components. I don't see an option on their shop to do a pre-fill for Phoenix, but it could be worth asking.

In all honesty though why are you looking at the Phoenix? You've already stated an interest in individual res, pump and rad with Mayhems tubing, so you're only missing a CPU block from having a custom loop anyway. The Phoenix is clouding the issue methinks.

Associate
OP
Yeah, it might be confusing, but it's because i'm creating a system for my little brother, and he just WANTS that Phoenix system AIO, and i would like to try the other water block before deciding on creating a build on my own or the AIO option :)

Soldato
Personally, I wouldn't trust the Phoenix. EK had no end of issues with their Predator and nothing in the Phoenix looks like it's a significant change. Plus, the quick disconnects are going to be big flow restrictions and they're ugly as balls so you'll end up with these chunky wedges of connector literally hanging in the middle of tube runs.

What is it exactly he sees in the Phoenix? Maybe it's something you/we can replicate but do a nicer job of it.

Back
Top Bottom