1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

While we wait for Eyefinity...

Discussion in 'Monitors' started by SmokingKills, 13 Sep 2009.

1. SmokingKills

Associate

...Can folks start posting up some bezel widths for their monitors?

Another thing to make choices harder :p

Also if OCUK could add these to the product descriptions that would be pretty great too.

2. Typhoon

Hitman

Latest musing suggest that that you will need a monitor with a display port input for triplehead and a simple DP to DVI convertor will not work, only a rather more expensive 'active' one

[​IMG]

And from the ATI Eyefinity page
    "Driver version 8.66 (Catalyst 9.10) or above is required to support ATI Eyefinity technology and to enable a third display you require one panel with a DisplayPort connector."

Last edited: 14 Sep 2009
  3. Dazboots

Wise Guy

any1 know what the dp to dvi adaptor is called and how much it will cost.

4. Andrew_McP

Mobster

This could put a major spanner in the multi-screen works. I'm hoping it's going to be simpler (and cheaper) than it's beginning to sound.

Andrew McP

5. Jimbo Mahoney

Soldato

I'm hoping it's going to be simpler too.

I'm planning on getting a 5850 and two more Saumsung 2443s, which only have VGA and DVI...

EDIT - Techpowerup forums' W!zzard suggests that the only reason one must be displayport compatible is because one gfx card can only have 2 x DVI outputs. If this is the case, then a simple adapter should be all that's needed.

Last edited: 15 Sep 2009