Who am I? Who are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Volospian - Rich

I'm 36 years old and Live with my wife, Sue, in Ashby de la Zouch, Leicestershire.

I grew up in a retirement village called Saundersfoot, about 50 miles west of Swansea. It was a dump.

I work in IT at the moment, but I want to do something different.

I have so many interests that I can never keep focused on one thing enough to get expert at it but amongst the top interests I'd list writing, reading, drag racing, food and drink.

I drive a Jaguar X-Type 3.0 Sport and have almost got my 1972 Triumph Stag back on the road.

Soldato
My name is Andrew. I was born on 15th May 1987 and I've lived in Wokingham my entire life. My entire extended family lives in the south of England so that's a bit dull. I used to be a complete loser at school and I used to be fat. That started changing when I started going out to get drunk with people from school. I was 14 at that point so obviously we were just hanging around in parks drinking alcopops. Now I'm doing my final A-level exams at my school's 6th form. I'm doing maths, physics and a computing AS which has been self-taught. I will hopefully be going to Bristol University to do computer science next year.

I have an older brother who recently moved out which I am quite pleased about. I have a very old dog who is surprisingly healthy physically even if she is completely senile and I suspect has alzheimers or something. I live with both my parents although this week I have been living by myself because they are on holiday. I don't have a girlfriend and I doubt I will have one until I can afford a Russian bride off the internet.

Soldato
HumanShield - I am Wayne.

I was born in 1984 in Scunthorpe, and up until 3 years ago lived in the same house in a village called Kirton-in-lindsey all my life. My entire family seem to be from around that area. I went to school (primary and secondary) in my village, and went to John Leggott College after my GCSEs. Having spent a lot of time in secondary school being bullied, college was a welcome change, and I found I fit in quite well there.

Unfortunately, while playing rugby for my secondary school, i injured my knee, and the examinations on it found that I had a problem with it, and subsequently both knees (my bones were growing too fast), which meant i couldn't carry on with much sport at all. I have since grown out of this, thank god!

At college I decided to do really bady at my A-levels and ended up gettin into Bradford Uni, by not much. Moved up here in 2002 and started my course, and started working for a competitor in the evenings and sometimes on weekends (I refuse to let my parents help me!). During christmas of that year, I receieved a phone call from my dad informing me that my mum was having an affair, and that they would no longer be together, but would continue to live together for the sake of my youngest sister. What pains me most is that I knew of this affair before my Dad, i just didnt know how to tell him. Thankfully he found everything out eventually anyway.

Then a few months later, my mother finally did what i thought she should have done to start with, move out. However, she moved very far away, to kilmarnock! I was a little shocked. Since then, we hardly see each other, although more recently we are talking more. Initially, both my sisters (one is 19 and the other 13) stayed with my dad, but my mum kept pestering my youngest sister to come and move to scotland with her, which she did in the summer of 2003. I now dont see her very often either. The summer ended with me finding out i had failed my first year at uni, and would have to resit the year.

By the end of 2003, I was getting more and more bored with the course i was doing, and eventually left uni due to me not being interested in it at all. By march 2004 i had gotten myself a job at bradford council, a job which i am still in today, and I even got my 4th payrise a few weeks back!

A few months ago, after a drunken night out, i confessed my feelings for a good friend (who happened to live with me at the time anyway), despite her being in a relationship (i know, a bit insensitive), but it turns out she felt the same way, and things were finished with her (now ex) boyfriend. Amy and I have been together for 3 months now, and, due to circumstances out of our control, and the both of us feeling that it is right, we are moving into our own apartment within the next few weeks!

I think that will do for now.

Associate
I am John, 20 years young. Born in Croydon, South London. Have proceeded to live in the suburbs of The London Borough ever since, only child so I get all the wicked presents :p . I am a city person.

I have achieved a collection of good GCSE'S,have 2 A levels, and now studying a degree and following into a career in the media and journalism industry. Have previously worked for various programmes such as "Undercover Magic" for Objective TV and "So You Think You're Safe" for Ginger TV for Sky One a few months ago. I have a professional portfolio,showreel and casting agency for me also. A career for London Studios or the BBC would be my ultimate goal.

I like the WWE, and a very keen football, boxing and driving fan. Also, a fan of all types of music. I love my movies, I'm known by most people as a "film fanatic"

:)

Last edited:
Soldato
Jenjey - I am Jen. 17 years old, 18 in July - hoorah!
I live with my mum, dad and little sister Lauren (11) in the 'leafy surburb' called Maghull, it's boring. I'll hopefully be moving down to East London in September to study Medicine at Barts and the London, and after many years of study, fulfill my ultimate ambition of becoming a cardiothoracic surgeon.

I'm currently studying Chemistry, Biology and Sociology for my A level exams (first is on the 17th) and all my exams will be over on the 29th june - freedom! :)
My mum (is great) works as a compliance officer and part time lecturer teaching english language, literature, world literature and irish studies. My dad is err...a 'freelance gardener' (well, I'll make it sound remotely professional) and my sister has dreams of being a fashion designer :rolleyes: oh well.
That's about all the family I have around here to be honest. My most favourite person in the world, my nan, passed away last year and so, that's it for family.
My best friend, Liam, is also a member of the forums (Doohickey) and also a medic at Barts :D. I've had some of the nicest times ever with him and we are going to see Coldplay together in July, which is going to be awesome. Liam is the loveliest person ever, and keeps me sane (well, most of the time), thank you xx

I'm into most genres of music really, but my favourite is probably Indie. I regularly listen to Coldplay, U2, Razorlight, Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, The Libertines, The Futureheads, Snow Patrol, Bloc Party and The Scissor Sisters. I also have a tendancy to dance around to Abba.
My favourite tv show is Sex and the city (sorry Gilly) and I also adore Nip/tuck and America's next top model (sorry again). I've recently become addicted to Charmed and fallen in love with Dan and Leo who both appear to be the most perfect men on the planet - swoon.

Anyway, I think I'll end this now. :o I think I can be pretty mad at times, but adventurous and fun (I hope). I'm more or less a usual girly girl in that I love shopping, nice perfume, Mmm shoes and romantic comedies. I'd also love to be whisked off my feet by a charming perfect man one day, but that just isn't going to happen really is it?
Anyhoo, that's me in a nutshell. (Well, in a post :))

Associate
Kodiak - Real name Robert, but most people call me Bob. Age 24.

Born in 1981, raised in Hemel Hempstead. I attended Hobblets Manor School as a wee nipper then moved onto Hemel Hempstead School. Did some GCSE's and then decided (wrongly) to continue at 'emel School to do my A levels. I managed to fluff them up royaly (thanks to discovering Rhino3D), but somehow I managed to get into Uni. Although this was the Uni of Wolverhampton. So from one dump to another.
I spent 3 years at the Telford campus doing a degree in Computer Aided Product Design. In this degree I met a lovely program called 3DMax. We hit off almost instantly. However my degree didnt really help to fuel my new love of 3D animation (mainly of mechs and such) and I have never really capitallised on this. However its still a love of mine to bang my head against a brick wall working out how to model/animate a mech.
Some say that Uni will change you. In my case this was true. Before Uni, I didnt really like music and after I cant imagine a day without something playing in my ears.
Another thing I discovered at Uni was these forums. And just like a bit of music, I cant imagine a day without checking here. When I first joined (named CaptKirk i think) this was all UBB. And I have no idea how long ago that was.
After graduating (with a 2:2) I disovered that I was the only one out of the entire class that actually had a job to goto after the graduation party! That was in 2002 and Ive been in work ever since. And last week(ish) I got the keys to my new flat. So I waiting for the new carpet to turn up and then I can move in.

So in summary,

Born '81. Went to school. Went to Uni. Got a job. Posted here since the UBB days. Got a flat last week. Still havent moved in though.

Associate
I was born in Leiden in Holland in 1977 and lived there till I was 18
Hey, I live in wassenaar just a couple kilometers from leiden. Whole area's pretty nice isnt it? Did you go to the British School in the hauge? know a couple people that go there now.

Anyways, onto my story. My name is Breann MacKay, and I'm 17 as of a couple weeks ago. I'm currently living in Wassenaar, in the Netherlands, with my parents and the rest of my family. I'm currently Atending ASH (American School of The Hauge, but its in wassenaar), where i'm almost done with my juinor year of highschool (just one year left until I graduate :)) Although I live in the Netherlands, I'm not dutch. I'm Canadian and was born in Calgary Alberta. I've moved to several different countries for my dads work (works for shell). I moved out of Canada when I was just three years old, though I still have some memories of it, to where I am now for two years. I then moved to Damascus Syria for another 5 years or so of my life, it was one of the most amazing places i've ever lived, and I enjoyed my time there. After those five years or so I moved here to the netherlands again, where I've been since then. My time here has been some of the greatest times of my life, as well as some of the worst so far. Life lately has been to much like a low budget soap oprea, but it looks like its going back to normal now. I've got an older sister (19, 20 in several months) who attends BYU in the united states. I've also got a younger brother whose 13 or 14 I think, and atends my school as well. My mother, sister, and brother are Mormons, I technicly am as well, but I do not belive and it is the main source of arguements with my mother. My dad is also not a member. The last couple of years i've had some of the greatest friends i've ever had, and have always been there when I needed them, and I try to do the same for them. My intrests include playing guitar, computer, and hanging out with friends (whether it be whatching movies or drinking in the hauge). After I graduate highschool I plan to return to Canada (probobly Nova Scotia as thats where my parents are from and we go back there for summer most years), for university. I am hoping to go to Dal Housie University there, and hopefully get into arcutecture.

Well that about sums it up I think.

Soldato
Michael E. Morlan, Shareholder

Practice Areas
Alternate Disruption Retigation, Lintigigation Location
Construction Allocation Station Litigation, Labor and Unemployment Litigation Station, Production Liability Information Station and Mass Tort Litigation all across the nation.

Last edited:
Associate
VTR996 - Robert or Robb for short.
36, married to Helen(35) for the past 13 years. Have 2 wonderfull kids, Ben aged 3 and Charlotte aged 9 months.
Born in Bloxwich, dont remember it. Moved to Southampton, remember a little bit. Moved to Cambridge, remember it a bit. Moved up to lancaster in 76. Been in the area ever since. Currenty live in Heysham, with in a stones throw of 2 nuclear powerstations, give you that healthy "glow to work" feeling.
Did school, left at 15, did 4 months of college, left to get a job in the semi-conductor test equipment market. Was great, taught me how to use lathe, milling machine, CAD packages and proper technical drawing.
They folded, so ended up building plastic windows for a few months. not fun.
Left them to work at local uni, in the mechanical workshop, so more machining. Moved from the mechanical workshop to electronics workshop. Got into PC back in the heydays of IBM PS/2's Dos5.5 and windows 3.0. My final couple of years working at the uni were spent supporting pc's and networks across the whole of campus.
Left the uni 7 years ago and now doing system admin stuff for a software company.
Interests are not as numerous as they used to be, due to knee injury. But dabbled in golf for a few years, played badminton for over 20 years.
Bikes have played a big part of my life for the past 10 years, even though i passed my test in '87. Only really had money in the past years to get what i wanted.
Though the kiddies come before all hobbies.

Robb

Associate
bigred - I am Alex.

I was born in North Tyneside general hospital (anyone else also born there :D?) in 1987, which makes me 18. I have two younger twin brothers, Robert and Jonathan, who are both 16.

I have always lived in Whitley Bay with my mum, Louise, and my dad, Clive. They moved into the house where we live a few years before I was born (about 21ish years ago!)... and we're still here now. I've always wondered what it would have been like to have moved or lived in several different parts of the country. I guess where we live now suits us, my grandparents live in Sunderland and South Shields so they're not too far away.

My dad works in Billingham (a craphole in Teesside) as a company director and my mum works for North Tyneside college as a NVQ assessor.

I go to Whitley Bay High School and i'm in upper sixth form (year 13), with my final A-level exams coming up in just a few weeks time. I've been here since year 9 and through my GCSE's. It's a really successful school and it's really enjoyable.

I study Computing, Business Studies and Economics. I'm exceedingly strong in Computing and Business and hopefully will go on to be in a role where I can combine my interests in a really enjoyable job.

I'm hoping to go to Durham university (Cuths) to study computer science later this year, depending on the grades! Hopefully I should be ok *fingers crossed* Hopefully I've made the right choice in course, time will tell I suppose. I have considered doing some form of management or business related course after that, or perhaps a few years after (to pay off some of the debt!)... I'll just have to wait and see.

I used to have a part-time job working in a call-centre for a political party over the past year, but that was only temporary until the election. Now i'm enjoying doing nothing and have the whole summer to look for. I'm off to Tenerife during the holidays :D

I also have a cross-collie dog called Benji, he's cool :)

I'm interested in a lot of things and seem to have quite a vast general knowledge. Particularly I like photography, well... taking photographs . I'm quite interested in learning more about this in the future.

I need to get out of Whitley Bay as soon as possible (anyone who lives around here or knows the town will know why... the whole place is degrading rapidly). I'd much rather live in a busy city centre area.

Caporegime
Dj_Jestar - I am John

Born in 1982, in London, been in same house since birth in Brentford, West London. Birthday is in August.

Born and bred cockney, although Eastenders (not the TV show..) tend to disagree believing cockneys only come from the east end. School for me was a joke, parents and teachers all thought I had ADD/ADHD as I just couldn't work on something for more than a few minutes without losing concentration and playing a prank or starting a fight or summin. That was until one teacher, Professor O'Neil, had a brainstorm and realised I was just bored. I hold the utmost respect for Prof. O'Neil.

Upbringing has been somewhat rough, not as rough as others I know, but still hard. Area is quite rough, especially where I used to hang around and where my (at the time) friends were from. There was a hirearchy that ruled the area, for adolescents anyway, which meant some people got hurt, really bad. Witnessed and done a lot of 'bad' things in my teenage years, met some very, very wanted people and even had some dodgy dealings of my own on the go. Oh and a broken home to boot, with a recently finished 12year divorce.. (don't ask) My relationship with my parents was a very understanding one, I understood if I was out of line, I would be hit - hard. they understood it hurts :p

Nearing the end of my school career, I found myself owning a set of decks and about 10 different records. A few of my friends at the time also did the same, parents said it was a 'phase' as were my Rigby, Badminton, Trampoline and Football days. 7 and a bit years, 3000 records, 4 pairs of decks, £6k sound stage and a few proud moments in some big name clubs, I still play, even if it is only to my self in my room.

ATC (Air Cadets) was a big part of my later teenage years. From 15-19 I attended many ATC activity, including the Y2K "millenium" camp of 2000 cadets, Nijmegen 100 mile march and various other events. My proudest moment from ATC is joining the athletics team and working my way up to win the English under 18's Shott Putt (Not just cadets). I declined to take it further.

Love life has been somewhat rocky, definately had more downs than ups, but the ups have been absolute gems, no doubt memories I will cherish till my death.

Currently a Modern Apprentice for a global IT company, but plan to jump boat into a 'proper' job soon, still within the IT market. Don't really care too much what it is aslong as I get paid more and get on with the people there.

Since leaving school, my life style has changed more than I care to think about imo, different friends, different tastes, different attitude to life.

Gaming has been prominent in my life as of late.. primarily due to me being flat broke for the last year or two, so have been sat at home pressing keys and shuffling mouse. Been in various teams for both Counter Strike and Call of Duty. One of the Counter Strike teams I was in reached a respectable position, but my best was in Call of Duty and being in a team that was looked upon as one of the best in the UK and Europe, although imo it was over rating. The novelty of sposored gaming wore off and I got bored and frustrated causing many arguments with clan mates, some of the others felt the same way and the clan folded, died of death and retired. The CoD scene did pretty much the same thing.

I think that's enough to bore you all.. and it's lunchtime, ttfn!

Last edited:
Soldato
I am Ben - 19 years old. I was born in Yeovil in Somerset on the 10th February 1986.

I've lived in the same place all my life - West Stour. Its a small village, about 4 miles from the nearest town. When i was younger i hated it, beause i couldn't go anywhere on my own. Now i quite like it, its nice to get back to a quiet place, and its also nice to have a reasonably sized house. The only downside is that you have to drive to get anywhere, but its not too bad.

I went to Stower Provost Primary School from the age of 5 to 11. Its a good school, and had a huge playing field. I played on the football team - my proudest moment was when i scored from the halfway line straight from kick-off :D

I then went on to Gillingham Comprehensive School, and stayed there until the age of 16. To be fair it was a good school, but the people there didn't make it the nicest place in the world. I wasn't one of the 'popular' crowd, but thats ancient history now, so i'm not going to fuss over it. I recently put one over them though, see my revenge thread.

After Gillingham i went to Salisbury College, to do a BTEC National Diploma in Computing. After about 6 months i became fed up of it, and left. I then moved on to Yeovil College in Somerset. I started doing a BTEC ND in Sport Science - another mistake. I soon left. The one good thing to come out of that year was my girlfriend Debbie.

Once again i returned to college, this time to do AS/A Levels. I went to a leaving party for all my friends, all of whom were leaving to go to uni, while i was stuck behind. This alone made me go back to college.

So, this year i've almost finished. I've got a few exams this month, then i'm free for the summer. I've since split up with Debbie, who i was with for nearly a year. She will always be my first love, but hopefully not the last. :)

Main things that are prominent in my life - driving, a lot of different music, but most of all my friends. They helped me get where i am today.

Plans for the future - finish college with good grades, and maybe go onto uni. Who knows?

[/life story]

:p

Soldato
OP
b (thats it) said:
Hey, I live in wassenaar just a couple kilometers from leiden. Whole area's pretty nice isnt it? Did you go to the British School in the hauge? know a couple people that go there now.

I lived in Wassenaar for 18 years. On the same street as your school actually - Rijksstraatweg. I know many many people who went to your school, although it was over 10 years ago, so I doubt you know any of them. Get hold of your year books for 1995 and I'll know a lot of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom