Who caught your eye last year?

Soldato
Only two that I can really think of. There are plenty of other good posters, but these two deserve special mention I reckon:

HangTime - Probably the best poster in the entirety of the games forums, given that he actually has interesting opinions about all sorts of topics that come up in there. Every post is well written and thought out, and he doesn't resort to fanboyism or worshipping uber graphics like 90% of people in there do. Plus he's a quality SA regular and Arsenal supporter, which is always a good thing.

Vandle - Funny bloke, and I can only hope that the Toon sort themselves out before he tops himself after killing most of the squad, board and manager when he finally snaps.

Soldato
Roberta - Always thought she was a lovely lady from her posts (and a supremely cheeky one too) as it turns out she is even more lovely in RL. We must 'lez it up' again sometime ;)
Mr Huddy - Great guy, full of it (energy that is!) and is always there to listen
Lopez & Lostkat - Lopez is such a character, always has a story to tell and such a way of telling them. Really funny guy - although much Welsher than I expected :D Lostkat, again someone who always seems like a genuinely nice person. So easy to get along with, a very pretty lady too ( she looks good in her photos but I don't think they do her justice..... if that didn't come out right it was meant as a compliment!)
Feek - Interesting posts and speaks as he finds. On meeting him turned out he was such a nice bloke. Drinks way more beer than he should - fantastic quality to have in a person.
Von Smallhausen - Well put together and very funny posts. Did not fail to meet up to my expectations on meeting. Hopefully next time your popper will go with more of a bang.
Haly - I think I have agreed with every single post. Good head on her shoulders, has the priorities right in life. Most annoyed with myself for not getting to know you better at the Swansea meet.

....I could go on and on I think. Some other people should also be there but I know them more from real life than the forums so it doesn't count. They know who they are anyway :)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Muban said:
Haly - I think I have agreed with every single post. Good head on her shoulders, has the priorities right in life. Most annoyed with myself for not getting to know you better at the Swansea meet.
That makes me sound deceptively sensible :o But thanks, was nice to read :) And definitely have to get to know you better at the next meet we're both at!

Soldato
Another one of those darn posts which we comb through looking for our own names, and boy was I rewarded when I did...

Mohinder said:
Cleanbluesky - the most artful troll I've ever met. He trolls without being a troll. It's beautiful to witness, and I really do mean that from the bottom of my heart.

It brings a tear of joy to me eye, it really does... :joy:

I have more fun guessing about the reality behind the people on here than anyone could imagine, its like being packed into a packed social group and being exposed to a constant stream of people including some of the brightest and most interesting characters a person could hope to meet. I would feel lucky to meet half of the people on here in real life, under normal circumstances becuse I bet that there is a thorough cross section of high-quality human prototypes.

I mean, I could name a few people that I have had e-mail conversatins with - or scorn a few of the people who at one time or another become dangerously excited or devoid of logic when I post in the same thread as them, although there are also a pool of people who have helped me with very important queries whose names I couldn't remember...

BUT if I were to do that it wouldn't pay appropriate homage to the fact that OcUK is greater than the sum of its parts and that there is big oportunity here for people we dont know yet or haven't noticed to have a massive contribution.

So my praise and notice goes out to OcUK as a whole, and the specific people I have noticed most already know about it anyway...

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Otacon said:
She's filtheh.
:/

BTW my list of people:

GordyR - A mine of useful information on fitness and things around that, always amazed how much time he'll devote to detailed posts helping other people :)

Piggymon, Desmo, Mattblack and H, Otacon, Davey_Pitch, Gilly, Freefaller, Roberta, Feek, Treefrog, DRZ, Von Smallhausen and Mr Huddy - all for roughly the same reasons, they've all been there for me when I've been down in the past year. Not been the easiest of years for me but they've all been there to cheer me up when I've been down and keep me feeling happy with the knowledge that at least I have good friends that are there for me.

Beansprout - Always fun to talk to plus very knowledgeable when I need advice. :)

Semi-Pro Waster - Amazing advice in GH and far under appreciated imo.

DaveyD, Hangtime and Weebull - Always take time to read their posts because all 3 of them never fail to write some interesting points in the games forums, often things I hadn't considered.

Big Kev - Because he's tireless in his donship yet never gets appreciated as much as he deserves to be.

And the sad thing is there's so many other good posters that I'll have forgotten or never noticed because I don't frequent that area of the boards or their posts. Pity really. Maybe in the next year or so, they'll become apparent to me. I suspect Muban will as I'm determined to get to know her :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
In SC the daddy is cleanbluesky and he runs circles round everybody.
I also enjoy seeing posts by Spawn, Visage and Anarchist even though I'm probably not on their christmas card list.
Both GordyR and James.Miller have given me a lot of advice and it isn't often I come across a talent like GordyR (I really hope something happens for him).
Some of the guys in Music attract my attention like Andelusion, Belmit, Spirit7 etc (sorry if I left anybody out, you know who you are).

The two biggest changes for me are Gilly and Otacon.
Me and Gilly have even taken our differences to email because I thought his posting style was awful towards people. However, this last few months he has totally changed his style and I like to think it was because of my email (probably not).
Otacon got mentioned in the same email because even as an Underboss he seemed to do nothing but tell everybody off but once again over the last few months his whole attitude has changed.
Gilly and Otacon are the real surprises for me.

Man of Honour
I couldn't possibly list the names of all the people that have for some reason got my attention. I've met a lot of wonderful people last year, and chatted to a multitude of new members or members who I've never really been involved in a proper discussion until then.

I met Dead Dog and Mightynimrod when we did Jay's collection - that was incredible, that was probably the most memorable experience from the forums for me.

Of course there was all the meets which was tremendous. I couldn't possibly list all the people that have caught my eye in all honesty. I know it sounds like a cop out, but someone invariably gets missed out that I didn't want to miss out. :)

You rock. All of you. Except when you break the rules, then I have to unleash a can of whoop ass, but until then you rock! :D

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Sexy Betty! :) and Mr Huddy.

Von Smallhausen: (thanks for listening to my whinging.)

Gaijin: Cos hes my brother and I can say no one else will mention him :p

Oh also LostKat who does a grand job of Rogues Gallery and is a pillar in the OCUK dieters thread ;)

One of my New Year's Resolutions is try to go to a meet / meet more people from here... hopefully I can fulfil this!

There are some really great people on here, so I would like to have a shout to everyone who hasn't been mentioned because everyone contributes to making the forum interesting and entertaining. :)

/slushy mode off

BB x

Soldato
I've just realised that I've been a member for just over a year now, for a lot of that time I just use to post in the HGP forum. As I've only been a member for a year everybody has stood out at some point, so you're all special in some way, even the people that annoy the **** out of me.

As I use to mainly be a HGP fanboi I have to say that the two people that really stood out for me this past year are Augemented and Beansprout. Augmented is just a guru when it comes to web dev and he always spends the time to write long and intelligent posts on subjects.

Beansprout also seems to have more knowledge crammed in his little head than anobody I've come across at such a young age.

There are plenty of other people that stand out in GD and most of them have been mentioned, so I won't shine their shoes for them. ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Gilly. I don't know he just seems to have overhauled his posting style in recent months and IMO it's top class :)

There's loads of people though who "catch my eye" when I'm cruising through a thread. Normally I'll read any post I spot by (random order) arty, robmiller, Otacon, Kane (not seen him post for ages though?
confused.gif
), Slime101, Boogle and Del Lardo.

Ta for the kind mention Otacon :):o

Soldato
Hmmmm...

CleanBlueSky for the exact same reasons that Mohinder said. A true talent! I would love to meet him, I bet he's a pussycat really.

Piggy The cynical side of me has been silenced...I now firmly believe she really is that nice :D Can't wait to meet you Piggy! :)

Mohinder the sly one-liners have made me cry laughing many many times!

Von 'e makes me larrrf!

Huddy legend in his own lifetime :)

Gilly and Otacon Gilly has mellowed a bit I reckon, and Otacon has changed in his new found position. Both for the better :)

Sequoia and Old Turkey Cant really be compared, but I always read their posts. Top stuff :)

Thats all I can come up with for now...

Nix

Nix

Soldato
I've only been on the forums since December but somethings keeping me coming back, and for that - all of you.

Soldato
Mohinder tbh, he's realy shown himself to be a top bloke, along with GordyR

Blackstar also, mainly for the fun with the hair thread (still got a mullet?) but that was 6months+back,

Back
Top Bottom