Who caught your eye last year?

Soldato
There aren't that many people who i've really noticed...

Sequoia seems to have made a lot of informative, well structured posts without being biased, and seems to have relevant experience to back it up, and all of Sequoia's posts are interesting to read.

There's quite a few posters who have a great sense of humour too, but theres so many, the only one I can say i've really noticed is Von.

Beansprout also takes a lot of time to help people with webhosting issues (amongst other things)

Soldato
Don't usually get involved in these types of 'big-up' threads, but what the hell. It's been an excellent year for meets and I've met tonnes of great people! Think I'll just try and name a few; some who I already know and some who didn't. I'm looking forward to meeting some new people at the Liverpool meet.. should be a good-un!

New people
Jenjey - I love this girl :D Met her at the camping meet in August 2005 and we instantly got on like a house on fire with our campfire antics ("lerrrrn... or berrrrrn!" :D ). I don't think I've met another member who've I've instantly got on so well with (apart from Leon, but he doesn't count). I actually missed her quite a bit when I got home.

VonSmallhausen - Wasn't sure about this one when I read his posts on the forums. I thought he was a bit up himself intitially. However, I started speaking to him just before Christmas, and met him at the Swansea do 2005. What a star! He's a really funny guy, I love his accent and he's a complete diamond to talk to.

DaveyPitch & Lynnie - What a lovely couple :) Really happy to have had the pleasure of meeting these two last year. Also very chuffed that Davey liked his special OcUK bobble hat and managed to wear it for most of the Swansea meet.

Those I already knew, but deserve a special mention
Piggy - Such a lovely lady. I'd met her at various meets, and we'd spoken a bit, but I didn't really feel that I knew her until recently. We talked quite a bit at the Swansea do, and I've found myself agreeing with her more and more on the forums. She's also going through the same as me in the weight loss thread, so I feel like we now have a special bond.

Gilly - I already thought he was great, but there are a few things he's done/said this year, which have enhanced my view of him (hard to explain). One memory sticks out particularly, and that's walking home after the last Donnie Do. I was ranting and raving at him about something, and he took my mind off it by making me step on certain paving slabs, and in line with drains etc. I guess you had to be there, but it really cheered me up.

And not forgetting all those who I've met and had a great time at meets with, inspire me in the Photography forum, make me laugh on IRC, keep me going in the diet thread, and those I just rant to on MSN. Not many of them though, my MSN list is tiny! (in no particular order: Shaz, DRZ, Fox, dod, Cykey, Nozzer, Freefaller, Sparky, rG Tom, Hate, Huddy, Roberta, Muban, Otacon...etc. etc. etc. etc.) Looooads more, but I can't be bothered to type any more names :p

Soldato
Haly said:
Semi-Pro Waster - Amazing advice in GH and far under appreciated imo.
Seconded, and I'd also like to add ajgoodfellow - always around to lend a hand with any queries about pretty much anything computer-related. Also has an excellent posting style.

Soldato
Goddammit - Where is there going to be another meet near me! :p

I'd have to say the same as most people already have tbh. Its always the same people that make me smile, chuckle and get wound up. Over years of t'internetting I have learnt not to get involved in threads where someone winds me up though :p

Maybe I should start a personal crusade to get noticed more :D *thinking cap*

Soldato
semi-pro waster and ajgoodfellow both seem to have a great knowledge of hardware, same with hottiger- even if he does just laugh at me all the time on MSN :p :o NathanE and Otacon in the Windows Forum- both of them seem to know the answer to everything windows related and have a very good way of explaining it :)

Gotta mention Inquisitor somewhere as well for all the help he's given me with PHP coding and hosting. I don't post much at all in GD- there's too many people to name in here but I always like reading Von's posts and Gilly's :)

Soldato
Brighton Belle - She was after some New York tips, and having just been myself, I thought Id drop her a line. We try to email each other when we can, but we are such social butterflies, we never have time! :o :D

Uncle Von - This strange person added me to his MSN, and the rest is history. Top, top bloke :D

Aruffell - Lovely guy, sorry we cant chat at work anymore!!!! And wheres my choc cigar?!?!

Treefrog - Never really spoken to Treefrog, but always enjoy reading his posts, and after realising we share a birthday... that just makes him cooler :)

Associate
Jokester - Always seems to be the first to answer any of my questions with really good infomation and i've learnt a lot from him, especialy when it comes to CPUs
***** <-5 star poster

Otacon - well he has a cool sig and always comes accross to be the interlectual one, even when he's not being serious o.O
*** <- 3 star poster

Baddass - i owe a lot to his stickys but i've not seen anything from him for ages!

NathanE - the elise Mk 2 sig stands out and he always seems to be one of the first people to answer one of my questions in the motors forum and the second person to reply after jokester :p so he's a good all rounder, his advice isn't always 100 helpfull, but it's always partly usefull and somewhat entertaining, where as some can be very condercending <_<
**** <- 4star poser

everyone else.... >_> you're not getting any stars off me

Permabanned
Rotty

We should by all means hate eachother but we just sometimes hate eachother

And Gilly i hate Gilly as well

Associate
Creature said:
Lynnie - Deserves to be on here because she puts up with Davey, simple really

lol :D

Lostkat and Haly were lovely, looking forward to chatting more in Liverpool
Gilly always makes me laugh
Otacon for putting up with all the metro comments - takes a real man to take that stick ;)
Huddy - one word sums it up for me - minibar :cool:
Davey - for putting up with me when I'm in cranky teacher mode (but that doesn't really count on here)
Feek - I remember our lovely photo
Dymetrie - "You wanna PvP? Pffft"

There are loads I remember. Can't wait until Liverpool to see those I've met again, plus meet some I haven't :D

Last edited:
Soldato
VeNT said:
Mohinder tbh, he's realy shown himself to be a top bloke, along with GordyR

Blackstar also, mainly for the fun with the hair thread (still got a mullet?) but that was 6months+back,
Heh heh no its really short now, decided i'll grow it again.

I forgot Feek, i only really started talking to him properly in the last few months but hes a very sweet man. :)

Soldato
Matblack said:
Your welcome to car share to any that H and I go to :)

As for my list. If you're special you know who you are; Pigmo, Freefaller and Haly get a special mention though :)

MB

Hey - I might just take you up on that sometime! Thanks again MB :)

Hitman
Permabanned
Feek - for his friday night drink threads and seeming to have many similar opinions to me.
Treefrog - he always seems so helpful and generally lovely.
Haly - she has a lot of interesting things to say.

Back
Top Bottom