Who caught your eye last year?

Soldato
Aww, thanks to those who mentioned me (so sweet!) I'm all smiley now hehe :o

Okay mmmiiiinnnee:

Mainly the people I've met (obviously) from the BBQ meet, who were ALL amazing, but in particular:

LostKat: Can't really expand too much on what she said, but we got on soooo well (and I miss(ed) you too :() especially with bacardi twister, mmm mmm! Kate is such a lovely girl who I thought could be intimidating at first (with her banwand!), but turned out to be a true star who made me smile so much at the meet. She also has amazing taste in shoes, so extra gold stars for her! *Hug, kiss* xxx

Piggy - Someone I thought was actually going to hate me after some bitchy comments she'd made on the forums (to me too! :() once again taught me to never judge a book by its cover. Piggy really is a sweetheart who has such a caring personality and I believe would do anything to help a friend in need. She was so much fun at the meet: despite personal issues saddening her, she kept a happy smile on her face and was a great laugh, something I totally admired.

Lopez - Well, I never expected him to be a let down with Kate chosing him, but he really is a great welsh charm!!! Tons of fun but also very caring and someone I can imagine to be amazing when you need a deep meaningful chat or some advice (he did advise me on a wee issue I had!) I completely enjoyed his company and look forward to meeting up with him (and Kate!!) again!

Creature - Really sweet person to talk to both in person and msn. Also great to kick his ass at minesweeper ;)

Otacon - Who doesnt love otacon??? Daz was so so much fun all the time. He came out with the funniest lines and the funniest things to do (on pirate ships!!). He also wears pink (wahey!) and borrowed my mirror every day of the meet :/ - can't help but have some love for the guy!

DRZ - my driver for the journey who is a really sweet guy (gotta be nice to spend 6 hours in a car with someone!) He also gave us the biggest giggle of the trip when he fell off the water slide HAHA!

Mat Black - absolute star! Not a bad word to say about Mat. He advises sooo well on here in all situations, he's also a great laugh and he trusted us to not trash his parents place! If he wasn't around, I know we'd all miss him.

Non-meet people

j00ni - Jonni is an amazing person with a huge heart! He's one of the most caring people I've ever met and he cheers me up every single time I get down. I can't thank him enough for the crap and moaning he puts up with from me. He's going to be an amazing doctor!

Doohickey - Not really caught my eye in the past year, a while before that, but he deserves a mention because he does make my life complete :) Liam is a wonderful wonderful person who has made me have some of the happiest times of my life. I can tell him anything and he always gives me the best advice. He's been there through times he really should have given up on and I respect him very much for that. He will also make a lovely doctor as he's very caring and tries to do his best for other people, even when he doesn't feel like it. I love him.

Suspended
Hah, amendments:

Treefrog, Visage, Sequoia, Old Turkey, Omicron, w11tho... more to come, probably.

I've only really been here a year, so "the people that I noticed last year" is mainly just a list of people that I like. Anyone else care to get together so that we can lick each others' arses some more? :)

Sic

Sic

Soldato
OP
omgoosizes i forgot loads of people! :(

also: Rich_L for being a complete utter legend, has a silver shirt, bringing back the high five, more sexy than anyone on the forum, with the exception of me.
Arcade Fire - toned it down a bit now but every once in a while, we get a violent flashback of the acid-tongued intellectual and i ****ing love it!!
penski - he's penski, ffs...blunter than a blunt thing that's just been blunted. legend.
rG-Tom - only just really "met" him, but a sound guy nonetheless...hopefully speak to him a load more in the future.

also, ANYONE who commented in my "breakup thread" and anyone who went on my website and commented at my moaning. you're all great and i totally appreciate this community. really glad to be part of it :)

</sentimental goat>

Soldato
Sic said:
also, ANYONE who commented in my "breakup thread" and anyone who went on my website and commented at my moaning. you're all great and i totally appreciate this community. really glad to be part of it :)

</sentimental goat>

what? even all of us who said "suck it up" like we where told when WE had one of "those" threads?

Sic

Sic

Soldato
OP
yep...if you refer to the thread, i told you to tell me that. the people who did, it was nice that you took the time :)

Soldato
lol
let me tell you again then, suck it up!

tbh its been like 5-6 months since me and cazzz split, and I'm actualy feeling GOOD now.
no more moaping n stuff for mr vent!

Soldato
Right, got a few people -

SexyBetty - Top lady to talk to, good laugh and i still have your choccie cigarrette lol
GordyR - Top bloke who ALWAYS has spot on advice (and he's better looking than me :( lol)
Dbmzk1 - Known him for around 3 or 4 years now so have to put him down as he's a top bloke (even if he is northern :D)
James.Miller - Helped me a lot with my latest purchases of sound equipment.
~Divine~Wind~ - Always good to talk to on MSN, top bloke :)
rG-tom - Known him for a while, top fella to talk to about anything really :)
MoNkeE - Once again a top bloke, his dad helped me out today too :D Done a few deals with him which all went smooth etc...

That about it really.

DRZ

DRZ

Soldato
Wow, I genuinely didnt expect to see my name in here! Thanks guys!

Who caughy my eye in 2005?

All of the knowledgeable chaps in HC&HiFi - Mr_Sukebe, 9designs2 and committed in particular

All the meet crew - Special thanks to Matblack, H and family :)

All of the IRC boys and girls :) You help me waste my life in a more pleasant way- thanks :)

Vixen - what a lovely lady :)
Haly - fantastic to chat to even if we got off to a bit of an ignorant start!

Posts like this are always a bit unfair - I will always miss someone but if you are someone I have noticed, chances are you know about it already :)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
DRZ said:
Haly - fantastic to chat to even if we got off to a bit of an ignorant start!
Ah we're getting there now :p We can have proper conversations and everything :o And both slump in corners of pubs in Swansea too tired to move :p

Man of Honour
Well where do you start ? I am leaning against a roaring hearth with a pipe, a tumbler of Martini and a smoking jacket trying to name all who should be named ..... it's just not possible, but here goes starting with the powers that be.

People who have caught my eye are ........

Otacon. His Donship was long overdue.

Rich_L. I would have put money on him getting an MOH award for 2005 ...... his high 5 thread was fab. I got a text off him in the pub on how he payed a lady of the night 50p for a high 5 ..... I ROFL'd like a good 'un, disturbing the old gadgees on the next table playing 5's and 3's.

Tru. The most gifted supplier of fine humour on the forums. Simple as.

Belmit. Another fine sense of humour and I hope he gets to a meet.

Treefrog. The voice of reason and he is still on my list to have a pint with.

Graemer, Jaymax and VonClinkerhofen. These lads are buddies off the forums so deserve a mention.

Aliboy. Top lad and I talk to him often on MSN He must be due an honourary directorship at Jack Daniels.

Pebbles. She knows why. :)

Brighton Belle. She's a star.

Sexy Betty. She's a cheeky one.

Pigmo. What a double act. Genuine and super troopers.

Creature. Went into the legend books when he was unphased when a fit barmaid spilled drink on him at Essex.

Lostkat. A fellow platelet bearer and so bloody nice with it. Outshoes Imelda Marcos I hear.

Freefaller. Always there for a chat ( when not swanning about whacking South American Generals' on behalf of Her Majesty's Government )

Lopez. I did not take to this lad at first I have to say, but gradually warmed and it was capped by meeting him at Swansea. Top lad.

Matblack. I see this one as the father figure for the forums and I have met him 3 times now. Great fellow with a laugh to rival Brian Blessed.

The Huddster. Great laugh, top chap and the mini-bar incident had me doubled over. I was just about crying when I heard. The stuff legends are made of.

I must have left out a dozen more at least but a final one goes to Big Kev. A fellow boxing enthusiast, especially for the golden era of Holmes / Ali et al and I am thinking of bombarding him with e-mails until he caves in and goes to a meet. I do hope he does one day.

Oh, and Lopez ..... you got the spam bit right. ;)

Man of Honour
Hehe, I got some mentions, thank you - are you all madmen?:D (Apart from Haly of course, she's summit' else)

Mr_L said:
Beansprout also seems to have more knowledge crammed in his little head than anobody I've come across at such a young age.
I think robmiller is younger than me! :o

Hmm - now - Berserker, for letting me know when there's a Google Earth OMGZOR thread so I can jump in and enlighten people ;) - as well as for all his fantastic work with Teamocuk.com.

Then Augmented & robmiller for knowing absolutely everything about everything but furthermore making intelligent, helpful posts, in HG&P and abroad. It's unfair to just list them two because there are a bunch of helpful, talented people in HG&P and they know who they are, so count yourselves in guys.

mrk for his photography. I tend to lurk around P&V and there are so many amazing photographers, but I don't take in all the folk. Maybe this year I'll hang around more :)

Tru and Brynn (and all the others who I can't remember offhand) for the amazingly inane Photoshop works of art, which I would put up around the Tate Modern and in Mens' pub toilets across the land if I could.

Haly, for being a gurl who plays CS. Oh, and who puts up with my nagging her with reported posts/threads when Donnie types aren't around :D

I think that's it.....GROUP HUG!

Edit: Also, all the people who have me on MSN - well, most - you're only on there because I can put up with you, which says a lot : D

Soldato
:o

Not really been on much other then Console forum over recent months;

other then the people i know, NathanE, g0rd, GordyR, XtremePenguin, etc.. etc.. etc..

people that have stuck out when i first think are -

cleanbluesky
all of the mod team really, wont narrow it down.
Huddy
Tru

and of course Rich_L - i thought i was alone in the world of High 5 before that thread!!!

HIGH-FIVE!!!!!

Soldato
Von Smallhausen said:
Creature. Went into the legend books when he was unphased when a fit barmaid spilled drink on him at Essex.
Haha :D Had similar yesterday aswell, fit saleswoman in the local Orange shop came up to me and said "Can I do anything with you sir?" She rectified it pretty quickly but still had a good laugh about it :D

Permabanned
Gilly said:
DAMMIT DAMMIT DAMMIT. I missed Treefrog too.
Awww, miss you too dude :D

But seriously, I really appreciate the mentions from folks, it's nice to be noticed by people that you like and respect. I've certainly noticed some people in the last year on top of those I'd noticed before then.

Mohinder,
Belmit,
Lopéz,
Lostkat,
SexyBetty (birthday girl!),
DRZ, (looks like I should have left your tripod in Wales ;))
manor,
SiriusB,
SB118,
Haly,
the ever-helpful 8 sided one,
fatiain and VIRII for the comedy double acts,
Bigstan,
Auntie Von (too droll for words),
cleanbluesky - for being an infuriating git in one post and then saying something I totally agree with in the next,
anarchist,
Raoh NS,
Dolph,
Pigmo - just a really nice couple,
MB and Wild Lotus (see above),
GordyR - still helping others out even when he's got stuff of his own to deal with, and is a fount of knowledge on a couple of subjects that interest me. Plus he's good looking, so is his OH, he can sing and play guitar ... I hate him :p :D
Arcade Fire,
Amleto,
OvertoneBliss,
Vixen,
Blackstar,
Feekster
Huddy - the scourge of pinatas!

And that's just the ones who I can call to mind at half three in the morning.

But it's the community spirit that keeps me here.

Soldato
Arcade Fire said:
I'm really bad on MSN - I tend to get distracted mid conversation and just disappear. Mohinder, Sic and Carzy can probably testify to this.

Was wondering why you kept disappearing! :p

Cheers to you, Big Chris, j00ni, Belmit, Arcade Fire, Sic and Mohinder for mentioning me. You've cheered me up at a time when I'm feeling pretty damn ****, so much appreciated.

Sic said:
Carzy - has probably heard every album on the planet, and is always willing to recommend a list longer than your arm for people who really want to get into music more (unless it's UK Hip Hop...n00b!!)

LOL, thanks, and if you want UK hip-hop I'll speak to my mate in the flat next door to mine, who absolutely loves it (even if I don't know myself, can always find someone who does! :D).

Mohinder said:
Carzy - font of musical knowledge. Weirdo though.

Hahaha :D I'm not a....well maybe, but so are you!

Myself? I'll say: Sic, Mohinder, Arcade Fire, Big Chris, all for being good to chat to on MSN (apart from Arcade Fire of course :p), and obviously having good posts in Music and GD (I've laughed countless times at some of your cutting comments in the early hours of the morning on GD!)
I'll echo Mohinder's sentiments about cleanbluesky too (helps he's a Tool fan anyways!). And I'll say dmpoole, while we've had a minor thing in a couple of threads, he adds to the music forum, and that's all I really care about :)
And penski, for the same reason, plus he's pretty bloody funny too. Oooh and 00bob00 (I think that's his username, he knows who he is!).

Other than that, don't know really. Anyone who posts in my music threads, and contributes something is much appreciated, as without you guys, I'd have no incentive to make threads!

Last edited:
Soldato
Von Smallhausen said:
Otacon. His Donship was long overdue.
Here here! Met Otacon this year too at the camping meet, and he's been my co-pilot to 2 other meets (Swansea & Oobie Do). He's a top bloke, a great laugh and he even gives fashion advice on the side :eek: :D

I forgot to mention everyone at the camping meet too. Best damn meet I've ever been to and highlight of 2005. It was like a school trip, which I never wanted to end. I'd forgotten the DRZ waterslide incident until Jen mentioned it. It made me chortle, even at 06:30am, when I've been having weird dreams all night and feel like I haven't slept.

I also went to my first meet without Leon this year (the Ooby do) and realised that I wasn't so much of a wallflower after all. For someone who's pretty low in confidence, it was quite nerve-wracking to have my safety blanket torn away, but I had an awesome time, gained some confidence in myself, and feel like I am really part of the group, rather than just Leon's bird now :) Probably wasn't apparent to the other UBs/Dons there, and I think I've only ever mentioned it to Will (Freefaller), but it made a big difference.

Back
Top Bottom