Who could afford over £4,000 for a PC!?

Soldato
I wonder if it's possible to have either
3 Dell 30" monitors and have a Matrox(sp?) 3head for Surround gaming...
or perhaps 3 Projectors?!

OMG! THREE Projects for surround gaming, how wicked is that?

Associate
I spent neary 4k while back but not worth much now but bin good while it lasted

Im getting a chq for being made redundent worked at the place for a while so i think that going to be 3k so ocuk again i think lol :D

Associate
danceMB said:
I was browsing around today, and saw a machine that was more than £4,000. I was literally quite amazed at how high priced this was, and looking at the difference in price between machines bought here, all I could see was a £1,000 excess price tag for liquid-cooling.

Would anyone be mad to pay such an extortinate price elsewhere when you have the best machines to buy from here already?

I know 3 people with £10,000+ Pc's, I built them;)

admittedly, a large portion of that is tied up in 15K SCSI Drives and LSI controllers...

Screen's also represent a fair percentage, most of them run Dual 21" LCD's

Man of Honour
Townlea said:
Like??? lol

Most obvious one is simply to be a VAT registered business, it has been a while since I did anything on taxation but I think that any business with a turnover of less than £50,000 can choose to be VAT registered so they can claim it back and any business over £50,000 has to be VAT registered or something along those lines. However anything you claim must be a justifiable business expense i.e. 2x top end graphics cards are difficult to explain away when the most graphically demanding thing your business does is Powerpoint presentations.

Associate
semi-pro waster said:
Most obvious one is simply to be a VAT registered business, it has been a while since I did anything on taxation but I think that any business with a turnover of less than £50,000 can choose to be VAT registered so they can claim it back and any business over £50,000 has to be VAT registered or something along those lines. However anything you claim must be a justifiable business expense i.e. 2x top end graphics cards are difficult to explain away when the most graphically demanding thing your business does is Powerpoint presentations.

Yes I do know that but you are limited on what you buy. even buying a single 7900GTX wouldn't be easier... But buying a £3k system is obvously going to be easy peasy (jus Kiddin)

daz

daz

Soldato
I think I would be going for multi-chip DLP projectors for ~£20k coupled with a nice electric screen, as well as 4 raptors in RAID 1+0 with a hardware RAID card... (why are people using the onboard guff?)

Two things that really make a difference when using your PC - the screen/monitor, and the hard drive speed.

Back
Top Bottom