Who decides what is acceptable?

Associate
Today in London people were yelling 'TORY SCUM, TORY SCUM'. Well... I fell if I had been yelling 'LABOUR SCUM, LABOUR SCUM' at a protest I'd have been judged far more harshly. Why is this?

Also AFAIK only about 5% of people in Lonon have red hair while 15% are black. So gingers are more of a minority than blacks. No protection for the gingers that I know of :)

Soldato
Apparantly in the minority stakes skin colour take precedence over hair colour. Plus gingers are gingers, innit?

Warning, this post may contain crap humour

Associate
Labour seemed to be more against the public expressing itself, but it could be the tory leadership or the met police might be trying to look a bit more lenient after the protests last year where someone died and a lot were injured.

Soldato
Today in London people were yelling 'TORY SCUM, TORY SCUM'. Well... I fell if I had been yelling 'LABOUR SCUM, LABOUR SCUM' at a protest I'd have been judged far more harshly. Why is this?
Because you feel that if you had been yelling 'LABOUR SCUM, LABOUR SCUM' at a protest you'd have been judged more harshly.

I don't know why you feel what you feel...

Associate

Also AFAIK only about 5% of people in Lonon have red hair while 15% are black. So gingers are more of a minority than blacks. No protection for the gingers that I know of :)

Uh, amongst many MANY other reasons which are far to complex for me to try and explain right now, I think the biggest reason is a long period of persecution and slavery. I don't seem to remember the same affecting red headed people.

Associate

Which people? What the SWP, are you surprised?
Which protest would you be more harshly judged, what the countryside alliance march?

Caporegime
Because it's fashionable to hate the conservative party for some reason... No idea why it's not fashionable to dislike other mainstream parties. Probably something to do with people being old fashioned and wishing for 3 day working weeks and massive manufacturing subsidies...:confused:

Associate

Nothing wrong with calling scum, scum.

Soldato
This kind of thing makes me cringe, I am niether Tory or Labour, I vote conservative, but I can see a pattern emerging here...

Labour spend every penny the nation has, leaving it on it's backside, so the conservatives get voted in and make drastic and unpopular cuts to bring things back into line.

This then carries on for a while, but sooner or later people decide they dont like it, and vote labour because they offer pretend freebies on the tax payer.

Labour get back in, and spend again, then we have another crisis, and then we vote the conservatives back in to fix it.

Rinse and repeat.

Its pathetic. These students, some of whom I presume are clued up on maths and economics, are protesting about this?

lol! :eek:

Soldato
This kind of thing makes me cringe, I am niether Tory or Labour, I vote conservative, but I can see a pattern emerging here...

Labour spend every penny the nation has, leaving it on it's backside, so the conservatives get voted in and make drastic and unpopular cuts to bring things back into line.

This then carries on for a while, but sooner or later people decide they dont like it, and vote labour because they offer pretend freebies on the tax payer.

Labour get back in, and spend again, then we have another crisis, and then we vote the conservatives back in to fix it.

Rinse and repeat.

Its pathetic. These students, some of whom I presume are clued up on maths and economics, are protesting about this?

lol! :eek:

Move to another country?

Do something about it?

Moan in GD?

Take yer pick.

Associate
Because it's fashionable to hate the conservative party for some reason... No idea why it's not fashionable to dislike other mainstream parties. Probably something to do with people being old fashioned and wishing for 3 day working weeks and massive manufacturing subsidies...:confused:

Fashionable? No more fashionable than it was to hate the labour party when they were in power...

Back
Top Bottom