1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who DOESN'T Use Facebook? (privacy concerns)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LEE929394, 28 Apr 2011.

1. SB118

Sgarrista

I've used it for over a year now and only found that page a few months ago.

And whenever they update/alter things they tend to "opt in" on your settings, i think one of the recent changes let 3rd party web sites see YOUR personal info if your FRIEND used the 3rd party site ...

2. Glaucus

Man of Honour

How? one's in account settings the other is simply in privacy settings. They don't change your settings, when they create new stuff it is often opted in or medium settings.

As for the other thing your on about

Account settings > Facebook adverts > select: no one

Last edited: 28 Apr 2011
  3. NeoReloaded

Mobster

I usually log on every now and again to have a nose! the only one who really posts anything on my wall is the missus haha, shes addicted to the bloody thing!

4. badcompany

Soldato

Don't use it, never will and it does have security issues and who know what future issues will evolve.

5. magick

Mobster

I don't use Facebook.

6. Journey

Sgarrista

I can't be bothered pretending I want to stay in touch with people I don't call, or see regularly and I am fortunate enough not to have any close family or friends who live abroad. In short i don't use it because I care. :)

7. Fenris

Sgarrista

I have an account, have used it maybe half a dozen times in 4 years.

8. w3bbo

Man of Honour

Had an account but closed it. I have waaay to many skeletons in my cupboard (most of which I had forgotten about)!

9. Van Hellseek

Capodecina

I have an account, however there are no photos or information.

I use it purely to message friends who use it.

10. Pawnless Endgame

Capodecina

You're not alone OP. I had a Facebook page for 3 years 2007-10. I was never that fond of it in the first place, then about a year ago, something happened which I considered to be stepping over the line: In last year's endless jobhunt, one of my applications came back to me. Not as a phone call, not as a letter, not as an email. Nope. What did the potential employer go and do? They found my Facebook page and sent me a buddy request. I mean, what have private family photos got to do with them? If the employer wanted to connect with me, they should have used LinkedIn as that's the networking site for professionals. So yeah, out of sheer rage, I got rid of my account.

11. UrbanTerror

Gangster

I dont use facebook.

It all seems a bit gay to me. 99% inane chatter and shameless self promotion. 1% people I dont want to talk to anymore.

12. utajoker

Capodecina

i dont have an account, i dont need an account. means i have things to talk about when i see people.

13. MallowPhoto

Gangster

Seconded.

Also the targeted marketing **** does get on my nerves.

14. Hotpot

Gangster

Don't use it. 90% willy waving with who can get the most strangers as 'friends' and the rest is silly sitreps on every aspect of people's lives. I know people who after a night out, the first thing they do is go on Facebook and fill out a full report.
    I just think the whole thing is a bit sad in a sheeplike way.

15. Hades

Caporegime

I signed up for Facebook about 4 years ago when a very good friend sent an invite via it for his wedding. Not used it since. Can't see the point.

16. Pestilence

Capodecina

To be perfectly honest, Facebook, as it is, is completely fine. If you want to go over loads of other people's pictures commenting "OMG, I'd hit that!" etc. then you shouldn't be surprised when your wife sees it or some other ****.

Nothing there is ever ENTIRELY private. If you aren't mindful of that, then you deserve whatever you get.

For me, it's mainly used for self-promotion and random in-jokes and other inane crap with friends. Problem there? I think not.

17. twist3d0n3

Capodecina

do tell :D

18. kPATm

Wise Guy

Dont have an account and I never will. No one needs to know that Iv just dropped a huge load or that my GF dog just licked its balls

19. Ice On Fire

Capodecina

I think this is the reason why 90% of people (Including myself) have a Facebook account.

As covered before - it's easy to change the privacy settings to suit your needs. Also easy enough for John Doe and Jane Doe to comprehend, not so? :)

20. doofer

Sgarrista

Pancake