Who DOESN'T Use Facebook? (privacy concerns)

Caporegime
I have one but I recently had a cull of people that I had no idea why they were on my friends list.

Gets on my nerves tbh.

People are delusional that other people are interested in their dull lives.

Lets face it.

If your life was that interesting you would be living your life not interrupting it with status updates of banality.

Soldato
I have a facebook account, but only because I cba to figure out how to delete it.

I do not use facebook. In fact I find it quite embarrasing.

Soldato
I have facebook, use it to talk to friends and etc.

If you think about what you are doing then it is fine.

Its the people that show stuff like all of their photos, address and where they are at (location wise) to everyone (i.e not a friend/family) are the ones that are inviting trouble.

Soldato
I'm not an active user of it but I am on it. I only have family and a couple of friends who live quite a distance away. I have no work collegues although I'd never **** my work off anyway as I like it.

My brother on the other hand.. he's lucky he's self employed, although I have a feeling he scares off potential clients with some of his comments.

Soldato
All of the stuff the OP says he doesn't like about Facebook can actually be tweeked so that it does just about everything he wants...

Facebook privacy control is becoming increasingly granular. Say what you like about them, but they respond pretty quickly to this kind of thing. Privacy is indeed a real issue, but they've come a long way in sorting it.

EDIT: It actually takes two clicks to get to the point where you can edit your privacy settings.

Associate
OP
All of the stuff the OP says he doesn't like about Facebook can actually be tweeked so that it does just about everything he wants...

Can you seperate work colleagues from your real friends?

Will have to check the privacy settings out again if that's the case.

I didn't mention in my OP about third party app developers having access to your data and the groups thing someone mentioned here.

Great thread and some great responses people!;)

Soldato
Can you seperate work colleagues from your real friends?

Will have to check the privacy settings out again if that's the case.

I didn't mention in my OP about third party app developers having access to your data and the groups thing someone mentioned here.

Great thread and some great responses people!;)

You can create groups for friends and work colleagues. Then set privacy permissions for each group.

Back
Top Bottom