Who DOESN'T Use Facebook? (privacy concerns)

Soldato
My privacy from others is generally safe, privacy from whoever Facebook decides to sell my data too clearly isn't.

Nobody is forcing you to put that data on there.

About the only thing FB could get from my account is that I support Manchester United. Good for them.

Funny you should that,I was surfing the net one time cant remember what I was looking at and a facebook advert poped up with friend of mines profile.

Blame your friend for his/her relaxed view on security then. FB data concerns are nothing new, they're documented well and everyone should be responsible for their own account.

Common sense is all that is needed.

Last edited:
Soldato
I have an account but I limit the access to everything on my page, I just use it to message people that I know use it religiously... I really cant stand it otherwise :p

Like others said I dont see a point in it.

Associate
I use facebook a lot. I spent the first 14 years of my life moving every 2 - 3 years so its good that I am able to keep in touch with friends I haven't seen in years.
I even met my girlfriend on facebook through a mutual friend of ours.

This past week though it has been the bane of my life. When they updated it last time I didnt realise they had reset my security settings.
Some **** went onto my friends list , saw a pretty girl and created an account in her name using her profile pic. Then this same **** decided to send my girlfriend who is working in america a message telling her to leave me alone because I am with this other girl.
Its taken over a week and emails to her brother and friends to get her to talk to me.

I'm thinking of deleting my account and just using email. To say I'm***** off is an understatement

Associate
I don't use Facebook, personally I get everything I need from the real-world.:cool:

I'm very careful about what info is given out, the less people know about me online the better.

Don
Point taken but i'll express this another way. Say i'm friends with a few hot females, it's kind of fun (but at the same time totally wrong) to check out her friends list for hotties.
Doesn't take long to find some other hot females that i don't know and all her photos are available (and other info) to look at.

My mate calls this 'snurging'

"What are you up to buddy?"

"Just snurging girls on facebook" :D

Soldato
My mate calls this 'snurging'

"What are you up to buddy?"

"Just snurging girls on facebook" :D

Some friends turned this into a game a while back. You pick a girl who you're both mutual friends with, you then have 5 clicks (or minutes, whatever you want) to find the hottest girl you can. Whoever finds the hottest (or funniest) wins.

Associate
I used to have a facebook but closed it. Not because of privacy concerns (it's pretty easy to lock down your account) but simply because it didn't offer me anything other than contact with people that through using facebook I remember why we were no longer in contact. Everyone important to me has my mobile number and email.

Ptty much this.

Soldato
It's so cool to hate Facebook. I wish I could be that cool. It has it's uses, if you don't need it, fair enough, doesn't mean it's ****.

Not quite as cool as hating Apple, or Microsoft, or Twitter, or......list goes on.

Back
Top Bottom