Who else is staying in tonight?

Caporegime
Was planning to go to a party but ain’t feeling that great and it’s cold out so have decided to sit in with some beer and a takeaway and watch Jools Holland’s hootenanny.

Going out New Years really doesn't appeal to me any more. Too cold, too many idiots out there and too expensive. Also means I avoid the deadly hangover which is always welcome, especially as I am having a big roast dinner at 2pm tomorrow.

Soldato
Yep was out in Bexleyheath earlier for a Pizza Express and now I am now I am in watching a film and then I will watch the fireworks etc later. Being out on nye feels forced for me nowadays so I can’t be bothered with it.

I haz 4090!
Don
Was planning to go to a party but ain’t feeling that great and it’s cold out so have decided to sit in with some beer and a takeaway and watch Jools Holland’s hootenanny.

Going out New Years really doesn't appeal to me any more. Too cold, too many idiots out there and too expensive. Also means I avoid the deadly hangover which is always welcome, especially as I am having a big roast dinner at 2pm tomorrow.

Exactly the same for me! New Years is always an anticlimax, never been a fan of it. Just reminds me it's almost time to go back to work.

*edit* Minus the hootenanny :D

Caporegime
OP
Yep was out in Bexleyheath earlier for a Pizza Express and now I am now I am in watching a film and then I will watch the fireworks etc later. Being out on nye feels forced for me nowadays so I can’t be bothered with it.
Where’d you go to in Bexleyheath, the Furze or just shopping?

Ah, just reread, you went for a pizza. Never been to that one, any good?

Soldato
GF and daughter in Exeter visiting her mum.

I’m at Rannoch with the wood burner blazing away. Salmon for tea a tub of Ben and Jerrys for a treat.

Living it large :D

Caporegime
I'm staying in. Few beers, Fortnite on the PS4, game on. Dunno why everyone feels like you must absolutely go out and do stuff, never bothered with it and all the times I have have been awful. Everywhere you go people are hammered and making a mess. Try using a London pub toilet on NYE, if you can get to one it'll be covered in nasties.

Soldato
Nope - wife working at 7am tomorrow morning so kids will be up around that time - so off to bed with a good book and a nightcap probably around 11.

Soldato
Where’d you go to in Bexleyheath, the Furze or just shopping?

Ah, just reread, you went for a pizza. Never been to that one, any good?

Just a bit of shopping and that. Yeah was decent, dead in there though. Furze looked full of old men when i went passed, i suppose normal for a spoons but I’m never in there in the day.

Caporegime
OP
Just a bit of shopping and that. Yeah was decent, dead in there though. Furze looked full of old men when i went passed, Imsupposemthats normal for a spoons but I’m never in there in the day.
Yeah it is mostly older people during the day, having their ale and reading the papers. Probably how I’ll spend my days when I’m old tbh.

Associate
Meeee. What social life? I’m actually not feeling that great anyway so I just as well.

Will stay up as I’m a light sleeper and I’ll just be woken up later if I don’t.

Watching Robot Wars then Antiques Roadshow then maybe The Vietnam War documentary then fireworks.

Man of Honour
Still undecided. I was planning on making an appearance at a few parties but the Arsenal game nearly sent me to sleep.

Coffee and shower to help wake me up otherwise it's stir fry + netflix for the night

Man of Honour
We are staying in as well. Haven't been out for the last few years actually as we don't see the point in it. It's just the end of one crappy year and the start of another. We need to be in to calm the cats down anyway when the hotel down the road set's their damn fireworks off and joy of joys we have to put up with two lots this year as one of the bars in the village are letting theirs off at 00.30 this year so it doesn't clash with the hotels display. Deep joy!! Poor kitties!!

Soldato
Today is first day in over a week felt fine after nasty cold. Wasn’t even planning going out and we have steak dinner and prosseco and will probably be in bed by 10pm

New Years was over for me after millennium year.

Man of Honour
staying in is the new going out ;)

had a nice (huge) chinese takeawy + several cans of Stella and about to go to bed,
hope those pesky fireworks dont wake me up at midnight

Back
Top Bottom