Who else is staying in tonight?

Soldato
Couple of beers watching the Arsenal game earlier. Chilled out tonight, no big plans. Oh......apart from flying out to Gran Canaria tomorrow at 08:50 for a weeks all inclusive with the wife and our little lad. Should be a good start to 2018. :D

Soldato
Have an absolute stinker of a raking chesty cough/cold thing-ma-jig. If I can survive till midnight I'll break out the Asti with the missus. Haven't been out on NYE for over 10 years. I can't be bothered with it!

Soldato
Staying in, not been bothered with NYE and all the false bonhomie for many years now. Son is out at a party and will have to pick him up after midnight so that means no booze either!

Associate
Just been out for a quick meal, but back home now watching a film. Usually stay in anyway and watch the fireworks display in London on the TV, then off to bed at ten past midnight. Contemplating heading off to bed before midnight this year - yes I’m the life of a party.

Caporegime
Just been out for a quick meal, but back home now watching a film. Usually stay in anyway and watch the fireworks display in London on the TV, then off to bed at ten past midnight. Contemplating heading off to bed before midnight this year - yes I’m the life of a party.
Fireworks on TV loses everything that makes fireworks good. The noise, the smoke, the smell... the opportunity to push someone onto the bonfire... you don't get any of that with TV fireworks. Watching on TV just makes me sad I'm not outside watching it for reals.

Soldato
Fireworks on TV loses everything that makes fireworks good. The noise, the smoke, the smell... the opportunity to push someone onto the bonfire... you don't get any of that with TV fireworks. Watching on TV just makes me sad I'm not outside watching it for reals.
I was on the north bank during 1999 NYE; it was an absolute circus. Thousand upon thousands upon thousands of people. Never again!

Soldato
Already new year's day here in NZ. Went to bed at 9pm, slept through to 7:30am. Been trying out Keto dieting the past few days and barely have energy to walk upstairs. The thought of going out to stand with cheering nitwits staring at fireworks through their phone cameras - nah.

Associate
had a good family meal now back home will staying tonight with the wife and watch some good movies before the fireworks, now days there are too many drunken idiots on the street

Happy New Year

Last edited:
Soldato
Already new year's day here in NZ. Went to bed at 9pm, slept through to 7:30am. Been trying out Keto dieting the past few days and barely have energy to walk upstairs. The thought of going out to stand with cheering nitwits staring at fireworks through their phone cameras - nah.

Are you watching the tennis tomorrow?

Soldato
I was on the north bank during 1999 NYE; it was an absolute circus. Thousand upon thousands upon thousands of people. Never again!

Me and my friends used to go to Walkabout on Embankment on NYE, as just before midnight they let you out to watch the fireworks, then back in to carry on dancing and drinking. Unfortunately Walkabout closed this year! No-one could be all that bothered to do anything, so I'm staying in watching NFL with my brother, like any other Sunday.

Back
Top Bottom