Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Commissario
Headlight alignment is controlled by an allen key, not sure on size but it's a largish one. Think it's a white socket from memory, unfortunately I didn't know what the alignment should be set to so got the garage to do it. Also check that the bulb or unit is securely in place.

Soldato
Car is booked in with Dan for Aux belt service and is now off the road until its done. Steering locked up whilst parking earlier, panic stations as I expect the belt to suddenly shred itself and take out the cambelt.

Have to say, would definitely recommend the guy. Top bloke and incredibly helpful. He's picking up my car from my house and dropping it back for me.

Soldato
Has anyone gone from a 1*2 to a 200, what were your thoughts?

I'm currently considering replacing my 182 with a 200. I've also got a slight thought of going to a Megane RS250 but obviously its a bit more money.

Commissario
I was tempted to, but I don't think the performance gains are worth it. I'd say it was more refined and a nicer place to be inside (if that's possible with these interiors), the steering wheel felt nicer. But the fuel economy put me off too...

Soldato
Again, not a RS, but a Renault nonetheless and rather make a new thread i'll just post in here.

Where is the best place to get a Clutch and Timing belt kit from? and how much roughly for the two? For a 1.2 16v 52 Renault Clio Mk2 Ph2

Cheers.

Commissario
Soulja - doubt you'll need to do anything, maybe give it an oil change and new filter if you're OCD?
Gravy - get onto ClioSport.net and find the trader 'Renault Wolverhampton', he'll get you the best prices 99% of the time.

Soldato
Soulja - doubt you'll need to do anything, maybe give it an oil change and new filter if you're OCD?
Gravy - get onto ClioSport.net and find the trader 'Renault Wolverhampton', he'll get you the best prices 99% of the time.

Shame my membership ran out in august, might renew it just to get a quote, was thinking of a 172/182 at one point but decided to save a little more and go german...eventually.

Cheers.

Soldato
oh yeah, and my alternator went kapoot on my 182 a few weeks ago. I'm replacing it next week but im unsure whether i need to replace the aux belt and tensioner as well. Its advised if taking it off, but im unsure if this is just recommended because it saves labour for next time or is a must? It was only replaced 1 year 4-5k miles ago. I'm also putting the solid gear linkage and PMS shifter on, ready for brands in a few weeks :D

Back
Top Bottom