Who here owns a Renaultsport?

Soldato
I didn't know PCP had a variant that didn't require a balloon, assumed that's par for the course with this route ;)
Yep variant is 0 LOL several do this as long as your credit is very good otherwise you are stuck with the 9.9-11.9% APR which personally I would never encourage anyone to ever take out its excessive & puts you in big debt for several years to come!

Associate
One to avoid then!!

None of these dealers have much integrity (but loads of The Apprentice level sales aggression!) I had one cold call me earlier from a main dealer trying to talk me into the new deal they have (its actually an old deal but he insisted it was new!) around the Renault £2.5K deposit contribution (which is clearly because they are trying to shift new cars from old stock after all the lockdowns!).

At the end of the day if you cannot find the car you want for the price you want then you have to just be patient sooner or later if its meant to be it will happen!!

Definitely,

I've had that same issue from a main dealer, constant ringing for a 'check up' (I always leave it to go to voicemail)

Soldato
Yep variant is 0 LOL several do this as long as your credit is very good otherwise you are stuck with the 9.9-11.9% APR which personally I would never encourage anyone to ever take out its excessive & puts you in big debt for several years to come!

I guess there's options for all circumstances at the end of the day, some benefit the dealer more than others for sure.

Soldato
2020 Red Renault Megane 1.8T R.S.280 (s/s) 5dr for sale for £26500 in Corby, Northamptonshire (autotrader.co.uk)
This is a bargain if the miles are genuine! Only 21 miles RS280 just over £26K! A lot of these are turning up now in the late £20Ks recently.

The RS280s are definitely harder to come by when I was looking. That looks great. Not sure on the colour myself but I bet it look better in person.

Once you have gone Yellow, there's no going back!

Weird thing.. I've not seen many RS Meganes of any era around here. On way home yesterday I past 1 of each cycle in yellow :D one flashed and nodded, is that a thing! Part of a community now lol

Soldato
The RS280s are definitely harder to come by when I was looking. That looks great. Not sure on the colour myself but I bet it look better in person.

Once you have gone Yellow, there's no going back!

Weird thing.. I've not seen many RS Meganes of any era around here. On way home yesterday I past 1 of each cycle in yellow :D one flashed and nodded, is that a thing! Part of a community now lol
That liquid yellow is a £1400 option is why its not as popular as some of the other colours! :eek: White, black are no extra cost but the Red, Yellow & Orange metallics are all around £1400 extra and a real PITA to get any damage fixed as its 4 different layers to it! bodyshops hate doing it because of the time it takes to do small repairs hopefully you never need any but the state of UK roads mean so much debris & road pieces to avoid its simply not possible to keep it in perfect condition sadly! Was behind a small truck few months back in Sussex & it dropped half its load of bricks on the roundabout :eek: I just managed to avoid them otherwise would have been some seriously expensive damage or even a write off as driving over bricks can smash the bodywork, suspension & wheels to pieces! The titanium sports exhaust was the most expensive RS option around £2.5K!! (Renault no longer offer it due to the upcoming harsher emission laws in France).

The red metallic does look more stunning in person though very glossy shiny finish they use a lot of metallic flakes in it! Yellow still seems best then orange then red IMO.

Yeah other RS flash you as so few around :eek: they are pretty rare on UK roads had an interesting road encounter with one the other week but came out way ahead if you know what I mean ;) usually if you see one on the road they are pretty friendly though & either come up behind you flash you then see if you want to engage ;) or let them by :p

Soldato
That liquid yellow is a £1400 option is why its not as popular as some of the other colours! :eek: White, black are no extra cost but the Red, Yellow & Orange metallics are all around £1400 extra and a real PITA to get any damage fixed as its 4 different layers to it! bodyshops hate doing it because of the time it takes to do small repairs hopefully you never need any but the state of UK roads mean so much debris & road pieces to avoid its simply not possible to keep it in perfect condition sadly! Was behind a small truck few months back in Sussex & it dropped half its load of bricks on the roundabout :eek: I just managed to avoid them otherwise would have been some seriously expensive damage or even a write off as driving over bricks can smash the bodywork, suspension & wheels to pieces! The titanium sports exhaust was the most expensive RS option around £2.5K!! (Renault no longer offer it due to the upcoming harsher emission laws in France).

The red metallic does look more stunning in person though very glossy shiny finish they use a lot of metallic flakes in it! Yellow still seems best then orange then red IMO.

Yeah other RS flash you as so few around :eek: they are pretty rare on UK roads had an interesting road encounter with one the other week but came out way ahead if you know what I mean ;) usually if you see one on the road they are pretty friendly though & either come up behind you flash you then see if you want to engage ;) or let them by :p

It's a nice thing tbh

Didn't realise the red was one of the pricey options alongside yellow and orange!

Theres no way to avoid the chips on our roads for sure :(

Soldato
It's a nice thing tbh

Didn't realise the red was one of the pricey options alongside yellow and orange!

Theres no way to avoid the chips on our roads for sure :(
I think as time passes by more & more drivers will discover the RS & all its positive attributes but for many they can never get past its a french car & cost 3 times less than a german or japan equivalent :p so cannot possibly offer the same level of driving pleasure ;)

Associate
I think as time passes by more & more drivers will discover the RS & all its positive attributes but for many they can never get past its a french car & cost 3 times less than a german or japan equivalent :p so cannot possibly offer the same level of driving pleasure ;)

It's a shame that they get overlooked in the hot hatch series as well, where people choose BMWs/MB etc

but then again it makes the RS line more unique as not many on the roads

Soldato
It's a shame that they get overlooked in the hot hatch series as well, where people choose BMWs/MB etc

As you know their loss not ours ha ha :p;) these are such good value for money considering the pedigree from the Formula 1 team & amazing acceleration & handling on offer :eek:

Soldato
I remember when the Megane 275 Cup versions came out, have to admit I was tempted even though I swore never to own a French car again.

I get my new CTR in July. Very much looking forward to it :cool:

Associate

The 250 cup I had years ago has been my favourite car I've owned. Bought it with a loan for like 11k. In the process of getting rid of my M240i that was like 3 times that price for another RS car. Ever since owning the Renaultsport I just compare everything to it. The BMW blows it away speedwise and for noise but it's never really felt as good driving it in anger down a good road.. Also had a golf R for a brief stint afterwards but got bored of it so quickly after the novelty of launching it wore off. Felt like the car does everything for you.

Also as you say when I had mine I barely seen anyone else with one, felt more exclusive. Definitely caught the Renaultsport bug.

Last edited:
Soldato
First motorway trip in the RS Trophy today!

Was fine! Had it in comfort mode, partner didn't complain about a firm drive or anything!

Had a little monitor of MPG and at normal motorway crushing it was hovering around the 30-35ish MPG mark mostly 30 I'd guess.

In my general day to day driving, a full tank lasted me just shy of 2 weeks same as my ST was doing really so no big change for me in that department.

One odd issue though, happened when I first had to fill it up and again yesterday.

Said I had 50mile until top up, no light on or anything etc. Drove next morning, dropped from 50 to 20 needle nearly and the bottom accompanied by a warning beep of low fuel. Stopped to do shopping, back in car and unknown miles remaining

Happened again before top up yesterday.

Either it's buggered or just not very accurate near the bottom. Not sure. Not an issue but could catch me out if not careful

Soldato
Monaco GP this weekend I can clearly see on TV a volcanic orange Megane RS safety or medic car parked in the corner near the swimming pool after the tunnel section every lap!!

Last edited:
Associate
Good spec but the wrong colour for me :( it has to be either Liquid Yellow, Volcanic Orange or the Flame Red metallic's :)

Same, imagine if it was one of those colours it would be snapped up in an instant (most likely will anyway though I imagine :p )

Soldato
Same, imagine if it was one of those colours it would be snapped up in an instant (most likely will anyway though I imagine :p )
They are all nice cars but colour is very important as these cars take a lot of £££ to maintain & even just drive due to the petrol consumption!

Saw a really nice 2015 Trophy spec mk3 RS for only £17.5K with low miles but white with grey decals (most popular colour for them as well!). 2015 White Renault Megane 2.0T Renaultsport Trophy (s/s) 3dr for sale for £17500 in Wolverhampton, West Midlands (autotrader.co.uk)

Trophy mk3 are ultra rare along with the 2013 Red Bull edition mk3 ;) in years to come those will double-treble in price methinks!

2015-2016 mk3 RS are probably the ultimate overall even though the RS280-300 are way faster & better spec something about that mk3 shape it just screams drive me to the limit whereas the RS280-300 is a little slightly more refined styling wise due to 4 doors! I think they are 4 doors only as Renault know its easier to convince-trick her indoors who must be obeyed ;) of the purchase vs coupe RS are a bit of climb in the back for family members :p

Associate
They are all nice cars but colour is very important as these cars take a lot of £££ to maintain & even just drive due to the petrol consumption!

Saw a really nice 2015 Trophy spec mk3 RS for only £17.5K with low miles but white with grey decals (most popular colour for them as well!). 2015 White Renault Megane 2.0T Renaultsport Trophy (s/s) 3dr for sale for £17500 in Wolverhampton, West Midlands (autotrader.co.uk)

Trophy mk3 are ultra rare along with the 2013 Red Bull edition mk3 ;) in years to come those will double-treble in price methinks!

2015-2016 mk3 RS are probably the ultimate overall even though the RS280-300 are way faster & better spec something about that mk3 shape it just screams drive me to the limit whereas the RS280-300 is a little slightly more refined styling wise due to 4 doors! I think they are 4 doors only as Renault know its easier to convince-trick her indoors who must be obeyed ;) of the purchase vs coupe RS are a bit of climb in the back for family members :p

Yeah definitely agree.

Tbh, prior to look at the new design RS' I never thought about the previous models (I think what put me off now is that they're only three door rather than the new remodelled 5 door)

But definitely some absolute stunning RS' about no doubt about that

Back
Top Bottom